Sidi speedplay only white? Sidi 2018?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ivy

by Ivy

I have a pair. White is horribly ugly, but if the upper works for you, the sole & cleat mount is absolutely worth it. Besides, maybe it will help some detective spot the shoe embedded in the grill of the car that one day runs me down.
--
Make SURE you get a ride trial before you buy them. They're special-order only in my area and SIDI won't take them back. Mine are with a cobbler right now to remove the top boa and replace it with something else about 1cm closer to the toe -- ideally sliding the boa down, but more likely it will be velcro. It digs into the extensor tendon on the top of the foot as-is; it's snug up against the collar of the foot (really bad for anything athletic).

I've been riding with the top boa completley undone. It's why the shoes are with a cobbler instead of in the bin. The footbed, sole, SP mount, & reduced stack are all wonderful. It's just that top boa. So, if it's good to ride without it, I might as well let a cobbler have it and see if it can't be rescued from the trash.

BTW, the mistake I made was to try a 3-hole "Wire Carbon" (which had a "Vent Carbon Sole") and then order the "Speedplay version". The SP version is a bit larger and the upper has that tendon issue with the top boa. Also, it would benefit from an upgraded insole. The stock insole is pretty bad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com