Cost savings building Tarmac UL Disc from Frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

queloque67

by queloque67

Hello everyone.

I'm waiting on the 2018 Tarmac Disc Frame to be introduced. I'm assuming the bike will be in the $10,000 range
Where will I get or focus on as far as components for the best cost savings if I do the build up from frame but having similar specs as the complete build price and be at that 6.8 weight or should I just stick to the complete bike? Will it be marginal savings or actually cost more?

Thanks

TonyM

by TonyM

queloque67 wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm waiting on the 2018 Tarmac Disc Frame to be introduced. I'm assuming the bike will be in the $10,000 range
Where will I get or focus on as far as components for the best cost savings if I do the build up from frame but having similar specs as the complete build price and be at that 6.8 weight or should I just stick to the complete bike? Will it be marginal savings or actually cost more?

Thanks

It depends also on the wheels that you want to have...Do you want to have the Roval wheels or do you want to have different wheels?
If you want to have different wheels than the Roval it depends on the price that your LBS is quoting you for the swap (the best for you would be when your LBS is taking the MRSP of the Roval and then add the MRSP minus a discount for your new wheels)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com