Everysight HUD glasses

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Wooohooo! Received this in the email today, been wondering what the progress is like.

We’ve been overwhelmed by the enthusiasm you’ve shown for Raptor AR smartglasses this year. We can’t even begin to thank you for your interest and patience.
We understand you’ve been waiting patiently and we’re excited to share some good news about the price and availability of our revolutionary new AR smartglasses. Please take a minute to read this letter from our CEO Asaf Ashkenazi giving you an early insight into our launch plans.

A personal letter from Everysight CEO Asaf Ashkenazi

I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time – and I know you have too.

It’s not every day that aerospace defense tech flies into the regular lives of consumers everywhere. But when it does, it’s always something special. Digital cameras. GPS. And now, finally, the next big aerospace innovation is crossing over.

We are very proud and excited to announce the upcoming launch of Everysight’s Raptor – the revolutionary AR smartglasses that will change your ride experience forever.
15 years ago, we set ourselves an ambitious goal: to transform the way people consume and interact with information outdoors and on the move. The AR experience exclusively reserved for elite fighter pilots would soon come down to earth - on two wheels.

In the past 12 months, hundreds of you took part in our groundbreaking worldwide Test Pilot program. Covering more than 100,000 miles, on and off-road, come rain or shine, your essential feedback helped us fine-tune Raptor during the final development phase.

Today, the Everysight team is still working around the clock, on 4 continents, to bring you the AR breakthrough the world has been waiting for. Production is underway. Testing and certification are almost complete. And our dedicated logistics and support teams are coming together, ready for the big day.

On October 24, we’ll be announcing our Raptor product, pricing, and availability info. All the details you’ve been asking about since day one will be available via our new site at everysight.com

We’d like to say a huge thanks to all of you – our test pilots, followers, fans, and friends – for your incredible passion and encouragement during every stage of our “Grand Tour”. Your enthusiasm is the fuel that keeps us fired up and pushing hard for the launch – and beyond.
SO PLEASE COMMENT, SHARE, STAY TUNED, AND…
FOLLOW YOUR VISION!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Ok I guess that *was* an announcement... about an announcement.

I was looking through Everysight's Facebook exchanges and found that

o The battery life can last 8 hours, someone tested this on a century
o It's not compatible with the Garmin Varia rear radar at the moment
o There's an optical clip-in option similar to Rudy's for those needing prescription glasses
o (I can't find this anymore) Someone mentioned that the display isn't "on the same focus", i.e. when we look at the road, the text is not in focus, and vice versa. I don't know if, technically, this is a requirement for Augmented Reality.

I'm getting kind of curious about the price now. I was hoping that it'll be around US$700 - 800, but I suspect it's significantly higher, guessing $1200 - 1500. That might explain why they announce before they announce: they know that people will be turned off by the price, reducing word-of-mouth, and this pre-announcement might help mitigate that.