Rotate saddle on aero road bike?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrsparkle

by mrsparkle

I like to ride with my saddle rotated a bit to the left. Obviously aero seatposts can't be rotated in the frame. Question is, are there any aero road bikes where the clamp can be rotated? Silly question, I know...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

I doubt there is one. That's why a classic round seapost can be proven more ergonomical in some cases.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

The la pierre aircode is the only which comes to mind.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wingguy

by wingguy

mrsparkle wrote:I like to ride with my saddle rotated a bit to the left. Obviously aero seatposts can't be rotated in the frame. Question is, are there any aero road bikes where the clamp can be rotated? Silly question, I know...

We occasionally need to send back OEM saddles that have been manufactured as much as 10 degrees out of true. Probably happens a reasonable amount but you only notice on aero bikes :P

Might be worth phoning up the national distributor of your preferred saddle manufacturer and see if they have any warranty returns for that reason that they'd sell you. Or (if your saddles aren't too pricey) you can try and manipulate one to get the twist you want.

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

There is the Velocite Syn and the new Diamondback IO, and theprior model LaPierre Aircode, but that's all I can think of. I can't recall seeing numbers for the Syn and Aircode, so how well they perform is anyone's guess.