Vias cockpit Wahoo Bolt options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cDaero

by cDaero

Took the plunge on a new weight weenie ( if you can even say that) vias build. Hoping to do something like Professor Chaos and Dartanian but im running into a snag with the Bolt computer. I know I could use the garmin mount modified, but then I lose everything aero about the bolt computer

I have made a huge assumption that the rec-mounts mount I ordered has the same action camera style mount as the gopro/blendr/serfas action cam mount all have. Really hoping I'm not wrong there. Back to the mount from rec-mounts- I got the single mount adapter that screws into the Vias faceplate. I also ordered a shapeways Bolt mount for a blendr stem that I'm hoping fits right into the faceplate adapter from rec-mounts. If anyone has does this and has any insight or photos....well, i would be wildly appreciative. MY vias module arrives this weeka nd all of my other parts are pretty much here so I would like to only pain my mechanic once on this build and be done with it.

Here are a few links to the mounts:
https://www.amazon.com/REC-MOUNTS-Contr ... B06XFXJL2M

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9CCTF ... arketplace

Eventually, Id like to have someone print a shapeways mount for Wahoo with the gopro option on the underside for lights. Maybe it has already been done?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Contact Where's Waldo in the 3d printed mounts thread in cycle chat...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

cDaero

by cDaero

oh wow just found the thread. He is the MAN. Thanks a million

cDaero

by cDaero

I never got a reply to my request for WheresWaldo to make a custom mount but I was able to order one of his existing creations to test with the rec mounts blendr style mount.

IT WORKS! not really surprised but most definitely relieved that Ive found a clean solution for mounting a bolt to the Vias stem. Next up Ti Bolts and maybe some milling to shave weight from the rec mounts adapter.

aplcr0331

by aplcr0331

cDaero wrote:I never got a reply to my request for WheresWaldo to make a custom mount but I was able to order one of his existing creations to test with the rec mounts blendr style mount.

IT WORKS! not really surprised but most definitely relieved that Ive found a clean solution for mounting a bolt to the Vias stem. Next up Ti Bolts and maybe some milling to shave weight from the rec mounts adapter.

Do you have pictures of it mounted.

glepore

by glepore

He had the flu... back now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cDaero

by cDaero

aplcr0331 wrote:Do you have pictures of it mounted.

i will tomorrow hopefully