Pinarello F10 Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Thanks for your contributions! The sprint shifter option for Di2 have solved my last lingering issue with Dura Ace 9150. Even though I've been on Campy since since friction shifters were the norm, I'm 98% on board with 9150. The money I will save can go towards other items, like EE Brakes for example.

How blasphemous would it be to run Super Record Crankset, (with cult bearings) with Di2 front derailleur?

Delorre

by Delorre

Bridgeman wrote:Thanks for your contributions! The sprint shifter option for Di2 have solved my last lingering issue with Dura Ace 9150. Even though I've been on Campy since since friction shifters were the norm, I'm 98% on board with 9150. The money I will save can go towards other items, like EE Brakes for example.

How blasphemous would it be to run Super Record Crankset, (with cult bearings) with Di2 front derailleur?

Just give the Campa crankset a stealth look (f.ex sanded + matt clear on a BOB frameset) , and you are done. My 5 arm SR TI crankset with TA chainrings was 570gr incl bearing. BB86 cups were less than 30gr, so a 600gr combo of crank + BB. Almost 100gr lighter than DA! I'm already looking at an alternative crankset for the futur to come full DA9100 bike :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cymans

by cymans

Bridgeman wrote:Thanks for your contributions! The sprint shifter option for Di2 have solved my last lingering issue with Dura Ace 9150. Even though I've been on Campy since since friction shifters were the norm, I'm 98% on board with 9150. The money I will save can go towards other items, like EE Brakes for example.

I think you idea of using the SR chainset is fine. When i had my SR EPS i thought the chainset was really nice and the function was brilliant. I was also surprised how good the bearings were too.
I also swapped out DA brakes for EE brakes. My bike is a mix of what i consider the best components available at the time and within my price range.
I now run a THM SE chainset now too.....I couldn't believe how much radiance it made. If you can save for anything, make it for that chainset !!

Enjoy your bike :-)
Cyman.

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

The THM SE chainset is indeed stunning, not to mention its stiffness numbers. Maybe down the road, but for now, the current mix will do very nicely and will render a very fast and highly efficient bike.

I love how the EE brakes bring the cables and levers inward and out of the wind.

A great bike is a beautiful thing. I checked out the bikes of some of the contributors on this thread and they are just out of this world! Having been on the F10 for a number of weeks now absolutely confirms that this is the best combination for me.

A quick note; on my last ride, the 9150 Dura Ace rear derailleur stopped working. The front worked, so I got back without much hassle over the hills. I spent about 5 minutes on youtube and found a possible solution. Went to the bike, pulled back the right hood and pushed the wire into the lever body, which emitted a little chirp. Fixed in about a minute or so. My build will have a small loop for strain relief of the wires under the tape.

avispa

by avispa

Been using Campy EPS since V1: V1 minor problems, V2 a few less problems, V3 none! As for the MyCampy App, only issues on the very first release. I have come to the conclusion that most issues related to Campy EPS is related to who install it. I personally have learned to master the groupset myself and I know every time it acts up it has been because something I failed to do right the first time. I do use a RECORD front derailleur or a modified SR Front Derailleur with a Record cage. To my taste, it shifts crispier and it is more durable.

As for Shimano Ergonomics and such. I am do not like the quality of the Shimano goods. The rubber on the hoods is thinner than Campy and some of the metal parts tend to discolor with time. Campy, however, needs to get on the program with their interface and connector choices.

I have a Pinarello F8 and a Pinarello 65.1, not going to the F10, because the differences on the F10 do not justify the expenses if one has an F8, especially if one uses Campy. Hopefully next year Campy will offer a better Interface Unit that one can hide inside the frame. Also, Fausto Pinarello mentioned something about wanting to become "the Apple Computer" of the bike industry. So get ready to see a frame refresh every 12-18 months!

Enjoy your new rig! Like a friend says: "you don't put soy sauce on your Italian pasta!" :D

..A..

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Record EPS V3 kit and Super Record crankset arrives tomorrow, by end of day.
Cane Creek brakes are here. WOW!
Will start building this weekend.
Still need areo bars, stem, saddle, trinkets etc.
Pics forthcoming.

IchDien

by IchDien

XCProMD wrote:Go to Italy and many people, probably more than 50% of those on top-tier Italian frames are on Shimano.

It's more than that...almost everyone is on Shimano here.

It's actually rare to see a Pinarello with Campagnolo in the actual Pinarello shop.

TonyM

by TonyM

IchDien wrote:
XCProMD wrote:Go to Italy and many people, probably more than 50% of those on top-tier Italian frames are on Shimano.

It's more than that...almost everyone is on Shimano here.

It's actually rare to see a Pinarello with Campagnolo in the actual Pinarello shop.

Is it the same with the Colnagos? Is almost every C60 with Dura Ace?

PinaF8

by PinaF8

I’m in Italy and I ride with and for the only Pinarello Dealer in Sicily. Not many Italians ride with full Italian only bike, our main use of groups are mainly shimano and etaps. Occasionally, you will see a full Italian build but, they are mainly the older folks who rides for enjoyment and not competitively. I laugh all the time when I see and hear someone say its Italian and deserves campagnolo. Lol
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

TonyM

by TonyM

PinaF8 wrote:I’m in Italy and I ride with and for the only Pinarello Dealer in Sicily. Not many Italians ride with full Italian only bike, our main use of groups are mainly shimano and etaps. Occasionally, you will see a full Italian build but, they are mainly the older folks who rides for enjoyment and not competitively. I laugh all the time when I see and hear someone say its Italian and deserves campagnolo. Lol

Yes "Italian frame only with Campagnolo" is something I hear here in North America all the time. Biking is not a long tradition like in Europe, so they make their own rules... I lived before in different countries in Western Europe and never heard that. But that's good for the export of Italian products :thumbup: