handlebars S-Works Aerofly Carbon 25MM rise on tarmac sl6 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dedobike

by dedobike

Can you tell me this model of handlebars S-Works Aerofly Carbon Handlebars - 25mm Rise can also be mounted on the tarmac sl6 or can only be mounted on venge vias because it requires the specific steam?

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/equipment/components/sworks-aerofly-carbon-handlebars-25mm-rise/131077

chrisbint

by chrisbint

dedobike wrote:Can you tell me this model of handlebars S-Works Aerofly Carbon Handlebars - 25mm Rise can also be mounted on the tarmac sl6 or can only be mounted on venge vias because it requires the specific steam?

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/equipment/components/sworks-aerofly-carbon-handlebars-25mm-rise/131077

Yes they can, have them on my SL6 Ultralight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moonoi

by moonoi

Note that these don’t require a specific stem as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dedobike

by dedobike

Ok tanks

dedobike

by dedobike

I think I can mount it on the tarmac sl6 as a solution to my rigidity and low mobility of the back, so I save a few cm with the thickness under the attack and also aesthetically it is very pleasing

moonoi

by moonoi

I did the same on my Allez Sprint X2 ;)

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Can we see some pictures of a mounted aerofly with 25mm rise on a non-aero bike? What does it look like? I'm thinking about it for my Dogma 60.1 (because of some mobility problems), but I cannot imagine what it looks like.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Or any other Hover-bar.

dedobike

by dedobike

moonoi wrote:I did the same on my Allez Sprint X2 ;)

Can you see some photos to see if it is a visually pleasing solution?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Riser drop bars just look bad...don't do this. They do it on the Venge because you can't stack spacers on top of the single stem option once it's installed in case your fit changes. There are similar limitations with the Roubaix and FutureShock.

I'd rather run 2.5cm in spacers than use a hoverbar. If you can't handle the Tarmac's already pedestrian geometry, get a different bike.

dedobike

by dedobike

TobinHatesYou wrote:Riser drop bars just look bad...don't do this. They do it on the Venge because you can't stack spacers on top of the single stem option once it's installed in case your fit changes. There are similar limitations with the Roubaix and FutureShock.

I'd rather run 2.5cm in spacers than use a hoverbar. If you can't handle the Tarmac's already pedestrian geometry, get a different bike.
What kind of functional limitations are there?

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/styl ... k=qEPvcNzd

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The high end Venge ViAS bikes come with an integral stem. You have to precut the steerer to the exact height you want...no spacers on top just in case you want to raise the stem later.

Since this is all about vanity, I don't know why it's being discussed.

dedobike

by dedobike

TobinHatesYou wrote:The high end Venge ViAS bikes come with an integral stem. You have to precut the steerer to the exact height you want...no spacers on top just in case you want to raise the stem later.

Since this is all about vanity, I don't know why it's being discussed.

It is not entirely correct that there are thicknesses to be placed under the steam for Venge Vias bike, my doubts did not concern the aesthetic aspect but only if there are structural problems that prevent them from mounting on tarmac sl6. (Specialized support responded yesterday just telling me it's possible to mount it) ;-)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160207/51ac6c918addfc47cb837fda02029fe0.jpg

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Are you just being dense or do you get your jollies out of being contrarian? Once you cut a steerer down to size ona Venge Vias using the integrated stem, you cannot really change your mind and increase the spacer stack later. It is of such huge concern that Retul/Specialized made their own web app to help people calculate the exact spacer stack needed for any particular size Venge ViAS.

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

TobinHatesYou wrote:Are you just being dense or do you get your jollies out of being contrarian? Once you cut a steerer down to size ona Venge Vias using the integrated stem, you cannot really change your mind and increase the spacer stack later. It is of such huge concern that Retul/Specialized made their own web app to help people calculate the exact spacer stack needed for any particular size Venge ViAS.

The reason for the riser bar is a bit different though. Specialized's reasoning is that the riser bar with the -17° (flat) stem is more aerodynamic than a non-rising bar with a -6° stem.
Agree that it looks beyond fugly and that you should go for an endurance geometry if the Tarmac doesn't fit. There are full-blown race bikes out there nowadays that would fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com