2018 Trek EMONDA SLR?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Windstopper

by Windstopper

Waiting for someone to post of the stock black red rsl frameset. Then I will see if I will pull the trigger. Giant tcr sl is wating on cue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

Windstopper wrote:Waiting for someone to post of the stock black red rsl frameset. Then I will see if I will pull the trigger. Giant tcr sl is wating on cue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stand by, I’ll have mine this week. It’s identical to the Emonda SLR9,apparently.
BandiCoote

Eddy Merckx Roubaix70 custom build
Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Windstopper wrote:Waiting for someone to post of the stock black red rsl frameset. Then I will see if I will pull the trigger. Giant tcr sl is wating on cue.

It's hard, but I wouldn't decide on a frame just based on the paint. The Emonda SLR with H1/RSL geometry doesn't really have a counterpart among any of the other major brands. The Argon 18 Gallium Pro is the only direct comparison that comes to mind. I really do wish Trek would up their game when it comes to paint. Even the Project One paint options are kinda boring.

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

TobinHatesYou wrote:

It's hard, but I wouldn't decide on a frame just based on the paint. The Emonda SLR with H1/RSL geometry doesn't really have a counterpart among any of the other major brands. The Argon 18 Gallium Pro is the only direct comparison that comes to mind. I really do wish Trek would up their game when it comes to paint. Even the Project One paint options are kinda boring.

With you on that one TobinHatesYou, while it’s hard to work out what a customer would want, simple colour choices seem the most popular. I think they need to drop the smoke and flames etc and come out with some more modern cues like banded logos on the downtube (semi retro, think Ridley’s world tour bikes) or multi-colour options.

I’m getting a stock frame this time, because it’s a nice black and red, but other wise I’d go single custom colour.

Saying that my last one was a flame-job. :D
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

Here's mine in Spain.

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

Geordiepaul wrote:Here's mine in Spain.

That’s nice, I love the gold on white. There’s a matte white RSL bike local, looks awesome.
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

White bikes look great, but you gotta keep the greasy finger prints off.