Iron Devo brake calipers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kevinch76

by Kevinch76

Anyone in WW heard these brake calipers before?

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/pedalingforw ... rakes.html

Kaboom

by Kaboom

Apparently the company went bust since their domain name expired and they don't seem to have another webpage.

I assume it'll be impossible to find them for sale anymore, which is a shame because 140g sounded very very good if for the pair. However I think it's much more probable they were 140g EACH, which puts them right in line with the weight of the Sram Red Aerolinks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

They look identical to my TRP960's minus the quick release cam... I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't contacted by a TRP attorney to take down the website....

Kevinch76

by Kevinch76

shoemakerpom2010 wrote:They look identical to my TRP960's minus the quick release cam... I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't contacted by a TRP attorney to take down the website....

Wow...they look so identical...I can still find the iron devos in my LBS...selling at $100 USD.....dirt cheap for 240gms...per pair...ok..may not be branded...but heard it works equally as good as those DAs....so I have been told..prehaps those remaining stocks to be cleared...

Kevinch76

by Kevinch76

Kaboom wrote:Apparently the company went bust since their domain name expired and they don't seem to have another webpage.

I assume it'll be impossible to find them for sale anymore, which is a shame because 140g sounded very very good if for the pair. However I think it's much more probable they were 140g EACH, which puts them right in line with the weight of the Sram Red Aerolinks.

Various types apparently...yes closed down after doing much research...the ones I saw in my LBS weighs...240gms per pair with Ti-bolts.....

darnellrm

by darnellrm

< .I can still find the iron devos in my LBS...selling at $100 USD.. >

What colors do they have? I might be game at $100

Kevinch76

by Kevinch76

darnellrm wrote:< .I can still find the iron devos in my LBS...selling at $100 USD.. >

Titanium/Black/Red...all of them.... they look pretty solid...yes..may not be branded...but if it serves its purpose..why not right?

Kevinch76

by Kevinch76

darnellrm wrote:< .I can still find the iron devos in my LBS...selling at $100 USD.. >

Planning a set myself...haha..the titanium colours looks pretty awesome

Kevinch76

by Kevinch76

Not really a weight weenie stuff....but...for $100 bucks....dollars to gms....quite worth..apparently they work pretty well so i heard

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com