Scott Addict RC 2010 or Basso Venta 2017 frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cveks

by cveks

I want to build new road bike for purpose of mountain climbing . Usual ride is 4-5 hours long and I ride on tarmac .

I have good price for Scott Addict RC new frameset from 2010 which I can get for only 300 euros here where I live. I can also get Basso Venta frameset but for much higher price.

I plan to put Campagnolo Super Record or SRAM Red mechanical groupset on new ride but that is whole other story.

Which would you get ? Older frameset for cheap price or new one for almost 3 times more money?

Both framesets are brand new.

What is ride difference between older carbon frames and new ones in terms of comfort?

I now ride Focus Mares CX carbon bike with sram force groupset both on and off road.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alistaird

by alistaird

In my view (not a highly experienced one...) is to compare the geometries and to try and see which looks best for you. I think that will be more important than carbon construction from what I've seen. But more modern frames generally are stiffer in the BB area without being too stiff and compromising comfort. My other view (which is very biased...) is to put SR on the Basso and SRAM on the Scott.

A

cveks

by cveks

Addict RC has more race geometry and Basso Venta has more long distance races orianted with more complying carbon fiber and geometry. So what you guys suggest? What would you get first?

darnellrm

by darnellrm

Those older Addicts are still great bikes and I would highly recommend it. I'm not sure the RC version uses the lighter HMX carbon though. I have a couple of the 2007-8 framsets that I still ride and they weigh just over 800g in size Large.

cveks

by cveks

darnellrm wrote:Those older Addicts are still great bikes and I would highly recommend it. I'm not sure the RC version uses the lighter HMX carbon though. I have a couple of the 2007-8 framsets that I still ride and they weigh just over 800g in size Large.

this is 2010 Scott Addict RC and it uses HMX carbon

daniel8128

by daniel8128

I have that exact frame and I got it from the same person on Ebay...it's legit first off. secondly, the front derailleur hanger is going to be a bit finicky, you may need to design a shim to hold the deraileur straight while under load. The derailleur tail will not sit parallel with the chain. I used a piece of leather and placed it so when I tightened the head bolt the derailleur stayed put. If you look at the pics of the HTC team bikes you will see that they had to do the same exact thing! Other than that the bike is perfect. It is HMX carbon and still more relevent than most bikes today. Alot of companies are playing into the aero road thing, personally i think it doesn't matter for amateurs. At 790 grams for the frame, 330 for the fork, this bike is a climbing and sprinting monster!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com