3T Ergonova/Ernova

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

I'm really liking the 3T Ergonova (or recently renamed to Ernova) bars. From a weight, reach, drop and the flattish tops. However it doesn't look like it's possible to get a flat transition from bar to hoods? Can anyone confirm or deny? Or even show some photos? I can't really find anything conclusive online.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

You can get a nice transition however I like a little more drop but for reference I hope this helps. Cozy bars indeed.

Just ride ..

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

In that second photo the tops are higher than the hoods. I Like it when it's perfectly smooth and parallel to the floor.
The first photo it looks like the bars are rotated back as the bottom of the drops isn't parallel to the floor.

It's a bit of a weird shape this bar.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Ill agree it's not for everyone but I was able to make it work - the tops are comfortable and I like the internal routing so it's tough to pass up. You could make it close to flat on the top but have less on the drops. I found something in the middle. And if it matters it's definitely on the svelte sight weight wise. Their new Superleggera looks nice.

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/09/08/eb ... mor+RSS%29
Just ride ..

corky

by corky

You won't get a flat transition with this bar, but having said that I used to Like a flat one myself, but bought this bar because the drops flare slightly so the 40cm bars are actually 38 at the top......anyhooo I soon got used to the lack of flat and love them as they are.......