BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team: which wheels ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Xywei

by Xywei

Hexsense wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:56 pm
TonyM wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:23 pm
I share the same opinion that between 47 and 51 this is a big gap.
If you take the Pina for example they have 11 different sizes; Here for example 46.5, 50 and 51.5.
I can remember the days that we could order our frame in each different cm! Now it is more like XS, S, M, L etc....

I think BMC should have made a size between 47 and 51cm.
Yeah and what even worse is they handle like a totally different bike.
fork offset= 41.6mm across all sizes.
size 51 has 72 degree head tube angle, result in 66mm trail -> handling is on the stable side but nothing out of ordinary for these small sizes from any brands. Someone who normally ride size 54 can hop on size 51 without issue.
size 47 has 70.5 degree head tube angle, result in 76mm trail -> by far the slowest handling bike ridden in the modern peloton. Other bikes that share this shallow head tube angle at least have more fork offset to bring trail number down. Even their recent BMC Timemachine Road in the same size is a whole lot faster handling.

Someone who familiar with size 51 and then hop on size 47 that set all the position at the same place may find themself couldn't corner at all.
Richie Porte is 173 and he rides size 47, may be this was the reason he crashed out of the tour two years in a roll :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com