2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
User avatar
Wingnut
Posts: 1923
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:41 am

by Wingnut

Grobar, video doesn’t apply...you totally missed my point but it doesn’t really matter anyway...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

User avatar
tnkn
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by tnkn

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2019 S-Works Tarmac Disc frameset and would like to run my Dura Ace 9100 chainset.

Would the chainset fit with the CeramicSpeed BB straight out of the box or will I need a new BB?

Thanks for your help.

by Weenie



User avatar
tnkn
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by tnkn

Thanks for this. I'll give it a go.

I've heard these things cause the BB to creak. I'll have a go as they're not particularly expensive. Any tips on fitting the adaptors… grease etc?

Cheers

Torbjorn
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:44 pm

by Torbjorn

Possibly, but don't worry, our stock OSBB/BB30s creak anyway..

More seriously, you can mitigate this largely by using this technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow-iRD_dHs8

lovemyway
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:32 am

by lovemyway

I got these adapters with my Venge ViAS frameset - don't they include them with the Tarmacs, too?

mvcap
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:50 pm

by mvcap

funkyb Did I miss this? Really don't want to miss it, thanks!
funkyb wrote:I’ll upload to Dropbox and send the link thru tomorrow!

User avatar
tnkn
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by tnkn

lovemyway wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am
I got these adapters with my Venge ViAS frameset - don't they include them with the Tarmacs, too?
Got my frame yesterday. The shims did not come with the frame.

Here's some weights for those interested:

Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc Frame 2019 Chameleon/Cyan Blue - 54cm: 860g (with hanger and cage bolts)
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc Forks: 388g (uncut)
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Seatpost: 175g
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 CeramicSpeed Bearings: 48g
Wheels Manufacturing BB30 to 24mm Crank Shims: 48g
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Headset with all spacers: 70g
Thru Axles x2: 68g

nulldreiundreissig
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:13 am

by nulldreiundreissig

tnkn wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:17 am
lovemyway wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am
I got these adapters with my Venge ViAS frameset - don't they include them with the Tarmacs, too?
Got my frame yesterday. The shims did not come with the frame.

Here's some weights for those interested:

Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc Frame 2019 Chameleon/Cyan Blue - 54cm: 860g (with hanger and cage bolts)
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc Forks: 388g (uncut)
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Seatpost: 175g
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 CeramicSpeed Bearings: 48g
Wheels Manufacturing BB30 to 24mm Crank Shims: 48g
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Headset with all spacers: 70g
Thru Axles x2: 68g
Thanks for the detailed figures! 860g for a 54 inkl. hangers and bolts is really impressive, especially considering the supposedly heavy paintscheme.

Any details on your planned build and expected final weight?

User avatar
tnkn
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by tnkn

My spreadsheet is coming in at 6.5kg without cages, pedals Garmin mounts etc. With my super heavy Vector 3 pedals and the rest of the bits, I might just hit 6.8kg.

I've got for an Ultegra di2 groupset but using a Dura Ace R9100 cassette, chainset and KMC SL chain.

With a few choice upgrades, I should be able to get it down a couple of hundred grams.

moyboy
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:19 am

by moyboy

I'm thinking of the exact same frame and size. Along with vector 3 pedals too. Thanks for the weights! very detailed listing. :thumbup:
tnkn wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm
My spreadsheet is coming in at 6.5kg without cages, pedals Garmin mounts etc. With my super heavy Vector 3 pedals and the rest of the bits, I might just hit 6.8kg.

I've got for an Ultegra di2 groupset but using a Dura Ace R9100 cassette, chainset and KMC SL chain.

With a few choice upgrades, I should be able to get it down a couple of hundred grams.

User avatar
tnkn
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by tnkn

No problem. Once I get my wheels built I can start building up the bike. Will post the rest of the component weights and photos once done.
moyboy wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:45 am
I'm thinking of the exact same frame and size. Along with vector 3 pedals too. Thanks for the weights! very detailed listing. :thumbup:
tnkn wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm
My spreadsheet is coming in at 6.5kg without cages, pedals Garmin mounts etc. With my super heavy Vector 3 pedals and the rest of the bits, I might just hit 6.8kg.

I've got for an Ultegra di2 groupset but using a Dura Ace R9100 cassette, chainset and KMC SL chain.

With a few choice upgrades, I should be able to get it down a couple of hundred grams.

sychen
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 pm

by sychen

Thought I had this somewhere but can't find it any more..
Anyone have the specs for the thruaxle on our bikes?
Looking for replacements.. the various thruaxle standards are doing my head in.

TobinHatesYou
Posts: 3337
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

by TobinHatesYou

sychen wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:25 am
Thought I had this somewhere but can't find it any more..
Anyone have the specs for the thruaxle on our bikes?
Looking for replacements.. the various thruaxle standards are doing my head in.

Specialized uses Syntace/X-12 (1mm thread pitch, conical head.)

No idea on the exact width for front and rear, for example my Trek is currently using something like a 123mm front and 168mm rear from Shift-Up.

sychen
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 pm

by sychen

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 am
sychen wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:25 am
Thought I had this somewhere but can't find it any more..
Anyone have the specs for the thruaxle on our bikes?
Looking for replacements.. the various thruaxle standards are doing my head in.

Specialized uses Syntace/X-12 (1mm thread pitch, conical head.)

No idea on the exact width for front and rear, for example my Trek is currently using something like a 123mm front and 168mm rear from Shift-Up.

Thanks Tobin... if it is the Syntace/X-12 with 1mm pitch and conical head.. then its what i needed..
Width is fine... thanks again.

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post