2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Zappano

by Zappano

Pinguin wrote:there is no need to ride the stock stem on Sl7
at Tour dF. riders are on another stems
Yes I know but it's not as clean imo. I can’t ”attach” the brake cables on my normal stem and theres a different uglier intake cover (upper transition) as well.
S-Works Tarmac SL7
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6.6kg)
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Rim (6.8kg)
S-Works Epic HT (8.8kg)

by Weenie

RTSM

by RTSM

Here is my 2018 SL6 bought the frame and built it up, let me know what you think. Red paint added some grams to the frame versus the light version with carbon but happy with this build. Running the Veloflex 25mm black Corsa tires weight is coming in at 6.8kg on the mark.
Attachments
RSTM SWORKS SL6.jpg
Dec 26 2018 2.jpg

spartan

by spartan

just picked up a sworks sl6 tarmac frameset on closeout. question for the long term shimano crankset users. what bb would you recommend using. the frameset came with the ceramic speed bearings + the dealer supplied the wheels mfg 24 mm adapter. any experience with this setup ? did you use grease or loctite to press in the bearings?

thanks
Current Rides:

2019 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Bora Di2 9150

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

RTSM wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am
Here is my 2018 SL6 bought the frame and built it up, let me know what you think. Red paint added some grams to the frame versus the light version with carbon but happy with this build. Running the Veloflex 25mm black Corsa tires weight is coming in at 6.8kg on the mark.
Looks nice.

The spacer above the stem is not recommended though.

tortor

by tortor

Zappano wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:42 am

On my new SL7 build I will change the calipers with Trickstuff C21 calipers which should be around 50g lighter in total and the bb should be around 40g lighter aswell, so I'm expecting the same weight (despite the heavy stem).

Is it possible to mix C21 calipers (who need "dot" oil) with Dura ace levers using mineral oil.
On my opinion it could be dangerous.
Except if Trickstuff has a mineral oil version of C21 caliper

Zappano

by Zappano

tortor wrote: Is it possible to mix C21 calipers (who need "dot" oil) with Dura ace levers using mineral oil.
On my opinion it could be dangerous.
Except if Trickstuff has a mineral oil version of C21 caliper
Yes there’s a mineral oil version.
But I unfortunately couldn’t use them. The rear caliper is too big and doesn’t fit in the frame. We tried 3 different SL7 sizes (52, 56 and 58) and there’s not enough space for the C21 caliper in all sizes due to the dropped seat stays.
S-Works Tarmac SL7
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6.6kg)
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Rim (6.8kg)
S-Works Epic HT (8.8kg)