2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:18 pm
Really bad ass bike! Do you have pics/weight with the climbing wheels on it?
Thanks! No pics, but the weight with the PRC1400's is 7.22kg.
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc
Cervelo R5 Disc
Argon 18 Nitrogen
Argon 18 Gallium
Canyon Exceed CF SLX 8.0
Felt Decree 1

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

Awesome bike doc!
I'm interested in the bar/stem combo on your tarmac. I'm also thinking about the vibe aero sl bars. Is it possible to share some pics of the cockpit? :)

by Weenie

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

LOWIEV wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 am
Awesome bike doc!
I'm interested in the bar/stem combo on your tarmac. I'm also thinking about the vibe aero sl bars. Is it possible to share some pics of the cockpit? :)
Sure! I like the Vibe a lot; the tubular is an oval shape in the drops, and is a good fit for my (small) hands. On top they give a smooth transition with the DA shifters. These are 40cm wide, with a 110mm S-Works stem. All Di2 wires are run internally through the bars, and I also have a wireless module (EW-WU111) tucked inside it.

Cervelo R5 Disc
Argon 18 Nitrogen
Argon 18 Gallium
Canyon Exceed CF SLX 8.0
Felt Decree 1

whoodie

by whoodie

TheDoctor wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:36 pm
LOWIEV wrote:
Awesome bike doc!
Sure! I like the Vibe a lot; the tubular is an oval shape in the drops, and is a good fit for my (small) hands. On top they give a smooth transition with the DA shifters. These are 40cm wide, with a 110mm S-Works stem. All Di2 wires are run internally through the bars, and I also have a wireless module (EW-WU111) tucked inside it.

...snip...
Love the bike! That's a cool computer mount too, do you have a link for that? Thanks doc!

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

whoodie wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 am
TheDoctor wrote:
LOWIEV wrote:
Awesome bike doc!

...snip...
Love the bike! That's a cool computer mount too, do you have a link for that? Thanks doc!
The mount is from eBay. Works well and is adjustable in angle and height (by flipping the hinge). This is one, but if you search for similar terms more sellers will come up:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/273959634744
Cervelo R5 Disc
Argon 18 Nitrogen
Argon 18 Gallium
Canyon Exceed CF SLX 8.0
Felt Decree 1

whoodie

by whoodie

TheDoctor wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:48 am
whoodie wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 am
TheDoctor wrote:
LOWIEV wrote:
Awesome bike doc!

...snip...
The mount is from eBay. Works well and is adjustable in angle and height (by flipping the hinge). This is one, but if you search for similar terms more sellers will come up:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/273959634744
Great, thanks for the info. Looks like there are a few similar options on Amazon. Thanks again!

PrimO

by PrimO

Lieblingsleguan wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:55 pm
Does anyone have a source for the rubber frame plugs that are used with Di2? So far I only saw the one that closes the seat tube hole when it is not used. But maybe I am also searching with the wrong keywords.

I bought a Tarmac Disc Sport 105 that I want to upgrade with the Ultegra Di2 Upgrade Set. The bike came with the part that closes the shift cable entry on the down tube, but without the other rubber fittings.

Is the rear derailleur cable exit plug even different between mechanical and Di2?
I am from Germany, so online shops from Europe would be preferred.

Thank you!
The rear cable guide is different to the Di2 guide/bung.

You need this kit. It has two cable bungs and one blank. You wont need the blank brake cable stopper so you can bin it.

https://www.bike24.com/p2194459.html?q=specialized stopper