2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

They have to sell their "old" wheels the CL50....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LegPower

by LegPower

Anyone want to trade their 54cm Tarmac disc for a 52cm? :)

taodemon

by taodemon

TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:27 am
The CL50 isn't their old wheel, its the new one, a clx50 minus the ceramic hubs and aero spokes. The old wheels would be the cl/clx 40/60.

The ceramic hubs I can do without but I don't like the downgrade to the round spokes.

TonyM

by TonyM

taodemon wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:27 am
The CL50 isn't their old wheel, its the new one, a clx50 minus the ceramic hubs and aero spokes. The old wheels would be the cl/clx 40/60.

The ceramic hubs I can do without but I don't like the downgrade to the round spokes.
That‘s why I wrote their „old“.....more Marketing than reality.

But let‘s be honest at Spezialized everything is Marketing...LOL...

pie0

by pie0

is the s-works tarmac disc (full bike) supposed to come with all the part to change between carbon and metal railed saddles and the parts to swap between a mechanical and electronic drivetrain. Or is it just the di2 charger?

Jugi

by Jugi

djel wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:09 pm
Would anyone have the real-world weight comparison between the S-Works and Pro models? The S-Works is claimed at 6.6-6.7kg and it's around 300g heavier than the rim brake version.
I’m quite interested in frame weight comparisons as well, from S-Works (12r) to 10r and all the way to 9r. I quess for a light build the S-Works is clearly the safest bet, but the traditionalist in me is surprisingly tempted with the 9r frame. It’s most likely clearly heavier than either of the two, but with a traditional seatpost and a threaded BB... Sounds like easy going 5-10 years with a good bike.

I would be updating from a Tarmac SL3 (10r, size 56) which has been aging well, like fine wine... How could I justify riding on a 9r. :oops: I would be fine with the weight if I could get it under 7,5kg with ease, my SL3 is 6,8-6,94kg depending on wheels.

Is there any reliable historical reference between Spesh’s 12r, 10r and 9r frame weights?

AlexTas

by AlexTas

New bike finally arrived today. Size 58cm. bottle cages, dura-ace pedals and wahoo element bolt + mount.

7.260kg

Not sure on the LBS wiring setup for the DI2!! does anyone have any good links for wiring dI2 to be as minimalistic as possible? Also what bluetooth module is best for the DI2 so i can use the hood buttons? Do people run saddle bags with spares or carry in pockets? im thinking i need to get the smallest co2 inflator? as i dont want to wreck the bike having pumps etc hanging off it :P

Sorry for ranting pretty excited... :P
Attachments
new bike.JPG

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Nice, Alex. What size is the frame?

AlexTas

by AlexTas

Torbjorn wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:12 am
size 58cm mate!

sychen

by sychen

AlexTas wrote:
Torbjorn wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:12 am
size 58cm mate!
Grats Alex.. You should be excited!

I use a Silca seat roll on my Lupina.

Have a swat ribcage for the hex set.

Also not happy with the di2 cabling and will be tidying it up at some stage. I had the shimano wireless kit but had weird battery drain because of it, Currently off the bike. You can use the buttons to shift without the wireless unit. Just connect the charger usb to your laptop and use the etube software to set your preference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Btw, since I'm still waiting for delivery of my 61 (yea, ordered on release date, March 14..), Specialized Switzerland are telling me maybe I won't get it, but that I will get the "2019 version", which he thinks will go into production in July and start to be delivered in August/September. I guess the bike will stay exactly the same, but with new colorways?

jaserrano

by jaserrano

New Sagan collection... Incredible
Attachments
FE108F9A-8E72-4837-A784-8F4D00FDD834.png

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

Bump to see if anyone has weighed the Pro level tarmac.

samors

by samors

I just bought a scale, same day shipping so Ill post up some numbers later tonight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AlexTas

by AlexTas

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has the issue of a slight clunking coming from down near the bottom bracket when climbing out of the saddle? I’ve checked and made sure nothing is loose. Could it be the di2 clunking inside the frame? Also changing from the big ring to the small ring the chain has bound up twice and kinda jammed on the chainring and chain stay and chipped paint. Is this operator error or a setup issue? Other than these couple of things I’m loving the new bike it’s bloody nice!!