2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fritzbox

by fritzbox

Nice colour 🔝
Attachments
20190201_104121.jpg

sychen

by sychen

New colour Fritz? Or custom finish?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm
Looks like it is the new colorway that comes on the SRAM Etap AXZ bike.
I agree the plastic protector behind the cassette is always a dead give away of a stock bike.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

sychen

by sychen

Finally found the full pic on the SRAM website not on Specialized yet (that i can find).

Looks like a pearlecent white/silver fade combo.. would look great with all black tyres and my white Sidi Shots :D

No.. not regretting my bike.. don't want to have to clean a white bike after every ride.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

funkyb wrote:
andreas wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:47 pm
How do you perform these logo modifications?
This is my process...

1. Lay clear transfer backing, tracing paper, or anything that you can see through over the frame. Make sure it will not move.

2. Use a thin black marker (like a micron, thin point sharpie, etc.) and trace the logo. I use a soft ruler to bend with the curve of the tube and give me the most precise line possible. If you’re feeling frisky, and are pretty talented with illustrator, you can freehand it all.

3. Remove paper from frame, and scan into computer.

4. Vector over the logo, I usually add 1pt. outline or go just a little past my stencil lines to make sure it covers the logo on the first try. (The logos are never accurate, they’re always warped to hell when they’re applied to the frame at the factory. But it’s a good starting point to have the logo in a .ai or .eps format just to have a little bit of a head start).

*side note - if anyone needs specialized logos, sworks, etc. I have all of them from my time working there. Same goes for roval logos on wheels.

5. Cut via vinyl plotter.

6. Apply to frame.
Hey mate, are you still able to share these?
Using Tapatalk

bruno2000

by bruno2000

sychen wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 am

Finally found the full pic on the SRAM website not on Specialized yet (that i can find).

Looks like a pearlecent white/silver fade combo.. would look great with all black tyres and my white Sidi Shots :D

No.. not regretting my bike.. don't want to have to clean a white bike after every ride.
Belgian store like Sportbikes (Wetteren), S-Bikes and Shiftings Gears have them in their showroom allready.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Guys, I have a question.
I have a Tarmac SL6 Sagan black-blue/green frame.
Doubting between the bnew Super Record EPS disc 12v and the current Shimano Dura-Ace disc di2 11v.
As Sram and Campagnolo are playing in the 12spd league, I suppose Shimano will come out with a new 12spd group too somewhere early next year.
If I take the 11spd dura-Ace now I would fele like having an old bike next year - and yes I know I'l that kind of guy who allways wants the latest tech available.
On the other hand taking the dura-ace would make my bike look the same as the one Sagan is riding himself which is cool too to me and dura-ace has thos small di2 levers if you compare to Campagnolo/Sram.
What would be your pick?

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Are they specific e-tru axles that fit the Specialized Tarmac frame but with a lever?
Now I allways will need to take an allen key...until I forget it and have a flat...

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm
Looks like it is the new colorway that comes on the SRAM Etap AXZ bike.
I wonder if the bike in Fritz' photo is actually the Venge. Color looks more like that.

References:
https://www.specialized.com/ch/en/s-wor ... 280-171239
https://www.specialized.com/ch/en/s-wor ... 220-154553

Edit: I believe the third hole for the bottle holder (barely visible in the photo) confirms this hypothesis.
Last edited by Torbjorn on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

(double post)

scale29

by scale29

bruno2000 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am
Are they specific e-tru axles that fit the Specialized Tarmac frame but with a lever?
Now I allways will need to take an allen key...until I forget it and have a flat...
I got both lever and non lever axles supplied with my S-works frameset.

Slack

by Slack

cjm wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 am
Slack wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:11 pm
Specialized UK and France are different companies but there shouldn’t be any problem with them honouring the warranty here in the UK. I have personally dealt with frames and bikes purchased in different markets that have been replaced by Specialized UK. Your local dealer may be able to source the colour you are looking for, as the markets do sell to each other if there is spare stock. It would be Specialized France/EU that would decide if they were willing to sell one to the UK though. It would probably be worth a trip to your local dealer/concept store to see if they could get one for you before you go about buying one from France.

If you have any more questions just let me know.
cjm wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:01 pm
With all the dealer chat I thought I'd ask another question...

I'm interested in a Tarmac Disc Expert and have noticed that in France it is avalible in White/Blue Ghost Pearl/Satin Black/Clean which isn't avalible in the UK, would there be any warrenty issues if I were to buy a bike in France? Or is it possible to buy the bike in the UK somehow or get my LBS to order one? I'll be annoyed if I spend a load of money on a UK colour and the white model is released a few months later.

https://www.specialized.com/fr/fr/mens- ... 508-154558
My local dealer basically said no, no, no, to every question, workaround, suggestion. He also said Specialized UK wouldn’t cover an warranty issues If I bought a bike somewhere else, he didn't seem particularly helpful or interested in selling me a bike.
I've just spoken to Specialized. I'll need to know the size you'd like and they'll see if we can get it. Warranty won't be an issue, it will be the same as any other Specialized.

chiefspinninggear

by chiefspinninggear

That white sl6 looks great! Assuming these are going to be 2020 releases?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com