2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

asarhan

by asarhan

Tried getting some info from a local shop, but all they could say is it should be available to the public soonish.

Dsweeney33

by Dsweeney33

Just received a call from my LBS and ordered a 61 cm Tarmac SL6 Ultralight disc frameset. I was advised that there are now SKU numbers available in the USA for a complete S-Works disc build and an Ultralight disc frameset.

Also called Specialized regarding weight. Average weight for S-Works build across all frame sizes is 14 lbs. Average weight for Ultralight build across all frame sizes is 13.62 lbs. NOTE: They are not selling the Ultralight as a complete build at this time - it was just the numbers that the operator shared with me on the telephone. She also did not have "exact" numbers - only the average complete build weights across all the frame sizes. Also, I was not able to ascertain, nor did the operator know, what components comprised a "complete S-Works build" and a "complete Ultralight build".

Also note, I do not have any other information other than what I have listed above. I know this post is not completely helpful, but at least the USA now has SKU numbers and "average complete build" numbers. Looks like Wednesday, March 14, 2018 is the day. Perhaps others on this thread may receive additional information that they would like to share?

Good luck to you all. Call you LBS to get on the list of initial orders.

Cheers,

Dan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

queloque67

by queloque67

Dsweeney33 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 pm
Just received a call from my LBS and ordered a 61 cm Tarmac SL6 Ultralight disc frameset. I was advised that there are now SKU numbers available in the USA for a complete S-Works disc build and an Ultralight disc frameset.

Also called Specialized regarding weight. Average weight for S-Works build across all frame sizes is 14 lbs. Average weight for Ultralight build across all frame sizes is 13.62 lbs. NOTE: They are not selling the Ultralight as a complete build at this time - it was just the numbers that the operator shared with me on the telephone. She also did not have "exact" numbers - only the average complete build weights across all the frame sizes. Also, I was not able to ascertain, nor did the operator know, what components comprised a "complete S-Works build" and a "complete Ultralight build".

Also note, I do not have any other information other than what I have listed above. I know this post is not completely helpful, but at least the USA now has SKU numbers and "average complete build" numbers. Looks like Wednesday, March 14, 2018 is the day. Perhaps others on this thread may receive additional information that they would like to share?

Good luck to you all. Call you LBS to get on the list of initial orders.

Cheers,

Dan
Did they show you the color options? Are they the same as the non disc ultralight?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Dubious weight claims. My 54cm H1 Emonda SLR Disc is 15lbs with 202 NSW Discs, eTap HRD, ultralight TAs, Bontrager XXX integrated bar/stem, 220g tubeless tires, and a 130g saddle. It does have a pair of weighty Garmin Vector 2s, but removing those still leaves it heavier than the claimed weight of a painted SL6 Disc. As we've previously discovered, rim brake Tarmac Ultralight framesets are coming in around 100-150g over the originally specified 733g. My current Emonda SLR Disc frameset weighed 741g.

dcorn

by dcorn

Seriously, for a company that is so disc-crazy on all their other bikes, they have seriously botched the release of the disc Tarmac SL6. Only selling the super high end S-works and lightweight models in the first year? Just helps push the thought that disc brakes are all about inflating prices and profits for the manufacturers.

I'm glad I didn't wait all this time only to find out I'd have to spend $11k on a bike or wait until next season for an affordable Tarmac disc. Disappointing because I really wanted that frame.
Last edited by dcorn on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yftoad

by yftoad

Just pinged a local shop here in Seattle to see if they'll be getting any: "Yes Just received part #’s today. S-Works Tarmac Disc comes with a power meter, Di2 and retails at $11k.”

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

yftoad wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:06 am
Just pinged a local shop here in Seattle to see if they'll be getting any: "Yes Just received part #’s today. S-Works Tarmac Disc comes with a power meter, Di2 and retails at $11k.”
Not a bad price point considering the value-add of what I'm assuming is a dual-sided Specialized branded Podiiiium.

wwdmnn

by wwdmnn

Great news. Can you tell us the SKU numbers?

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

The Specialized Concept Store just called me, confirming what Dsweeney33 and yftoad wrote above (and going against what they told me earlier :)), it's coming with a new dual-side power meter "from Specialized", which I assume is a version of the 4iiii Podiiiium. He mentioned two colors being released initially (black matte for the ultralight, and one with red/white/black, I believe he said). He said the official release date (in Switzerland, at least) is March 14, and that I will be able to place an order that week. He said the weight of the bike will be only 43 grams more than the non-disc version.

spazmaster

by spazmaster

At the event on the 26th the Dutch dealers were still told end of March for ordering the Tarmac Disc.

glander

by glander

Hopefully the non S-Works Models will be released at the same time....

AlexTas

by AlexTas

Hi guys,

Has anyone in Australia heard when there may be a possible launch or announcement on the disc brake version being available?

Reminisce32

by Reminisce32

Any photos of the two that have part numbers in the US? I heard one is called project black and the other is black/white/red.

TenJake

by TenJake

glander wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:06 pm
Hopefully the non S-Works Models will be released at the same time....
I visited my LBS this afternoon and was informed that a non-Sworks disc model was not in our future this year.

Samklee15

by Samklee15

bas wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm
Love this colour, my shop had one for a day as well. Not available initially, black only...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if this is the rumored black/white/red color scheme?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com