2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robeambro

by robeambro

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:13 pm
You sure? I recall someone mentioning it’s an orderable part...and we’ve seen pros with it. It almost looks like a -5 offset (backward mounted) post.
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:13 pm
You sure? I recall someone mentioning it’s an orderable part...and we’ve seen pros with it. It almost looks like a -5 offset (backward mounted) post.
Thanks guys. I mean, I was referring to a long time ago; or maybe it was just my impression.
I'm happy that I would be able to sit on it! :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Dos anyone know if the zero offset seatpost is lighter than the normal one?

cjm

by cjm

Slack wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:11 pm
Specialized UK and France are different companies but there shouldn’t be any problem with them honouring the warranty here in the UK. I have personally dealt with frames and bikes purchased in different markets that have been replaced by Specialized UK. Your local dealer may be able to source the colour you are looking for, as the markets do sell to each other if there is spare stock. It would be Specialized France/EU that would decide if they were willing to sell one to the UK though. It would probably be worth a trip to your local dealer/concept store to see if they could get one for you before you go about buying one from France.

If you have any more questions just let me know.
cjm wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:01 pm
With all the dealer chat I thought I'd ask another question...

I'm interested in a Tarmac Disc Expert and have noticed that in France it is avalible in White/Blue Ghost Pearl/Satin Black/Clean which isn't avalible in the UK, would there be any warrenty issues if I were to buy a bike in France? Or is it possible to buy the bike in the UK somehow or get my LBS to order one? I'll be annoyed if I spend a load of money on a UK colour and the white model is released a few months later.

https://www.specialized.com/fr/fr/mens- ... 508-154558
My local dealer basically said no, no, no, to every question, workaround, suggestion. He also said Specialized UK wouldn’t cover an warranty issues If I bought a bike somewhere else, he didn't seem particularly helpful or interested in selling me a bike.

Jugi

by Jugi

cyclespeed wrote:Dos anyone know if the zero offset seatpost is lighter than the normal one?
I don't know, but I guess the difference is marginal at best. As the standard setback post is quite light already, the straight model can't be much lighter. Majority of the weight is in the saddle cradle parts. My setback post was 175 g (uncut post supplied with a 56 frame).

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

cjm wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 am
Slack wrote:
Specialized UK and France are different companies but there shouldn’t be any problem with them honouring the warranty here in the UK. I have personally dealt with frames and bikes purchased in different markets that have been replaced by Specialized UK. Your local dealer may be able to source the colour you are looking for, as the markets do sell to each other if there is spare stock. It would be Specialized France/EU that would decide if they were willing to sell one to the UK though. It would probably be worth a trip to your local dealer/concept store to see if they could get one for you before you go about buying one from France.

cjm wrote:

I'm interested in a Tarmac Disc Expert and have noticed that in France it is avalible in White/Blue Ghost Pearl/Satin Black/Clean which isn't avalible in the UK, would there be any warrenty issues if I were to buy a bike in France? Or is it possible to buy the bike in the UK somehow or get my LBS to order one? I'll be annoyed if I spend a load of money on a UK colour and the white model is released a few months later.

My local dealer basically said no, no, no, to every question, workaround, suggestion. He also said Specialized UK wouldn’t cover an warranty issues If I bought a bike somewhere else, he didn't seem particularly helpful or interested in selling me a bike.
Yes, that would be my experience as well. A few years back, Specialized had some non-SWorks bikes, Tarmacs and Venges that were painted in the OPQS colors. They were not available in the US, but were available in Canada. I know some people that bought them in and then brought them in to the states and when I spoke to my local shop about, they said that it would be unlikely that Specialized USA would offer any warranty coverage.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I'm no stranger to buying frames/bikes crossborder especially when Competitive Cyclist was very lenient back in the day. The warranty only applied to anything shipped to a US shipping address and I used a "mailbox" as my address.

Warranty process is a B though. Shipping bikes cross border was too expensive and I had to do it twice for a BMC frame.

I'd still do it, but the deal will have to be so good. Doing warranties cross border is a pain in the rear. Would I advise it? Sure, but you should know what the caveat is.

packetloss

by packetloss

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:06 pm
cjm wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 am
Slack wrote:

cjm wrote:

Yes, that would be my experience as well. A few years back, Specialized had some non-SWorks bikes, Tarmacs and Venges that were painted in the OPQS colors. They were not available in the US, but were available in Canada. I know some people that bought them in and then brought them in to the states and when I spoke to my local shop about, they said that it would be unlikely that Specialized USA would offer any warranty coverage.
I wouldn't let that hold you back from buying a frame. Even if bought from an authorized dealer they really don't honor the warranty on their products. They will find a way to weasel out of anything.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I just received my S-Works Tarmac SL6 disc frame - Sagan replica (black-blue/green) size 56 (large): weight with rear dropout 945gr.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

bruno2000 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:08 pm
I just received my S-Works Tarmac SL6 disc frame - Sagan replica (black-blue/green) size 56 (large): weight with rear dropout 945gr.
So this paint job adds around 145g over the black livery (800g in a 56)? Crazy!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ryanw wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:15 pm
bruno2000 wrote:

I very much doubt any black S-Works SL6 Disc in 56cm weighs 800g. I recall seeing one in this thread coming in at 840g

My buddy's Blue Gloss Chameleon in 56cm weighed 948g.

moyboy

by moyboy

My Blue Gloss Chameleon in 54cm without any bits like bottle cage bolts / rear hanger / downtube cover etc....

weighed in at 821 grams. With the bits... 847 grams.

https://imgur.com/a/wnH2XtI
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm
ryanw wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:15 pm
bruno2000 wrote:

I very much doubt any black S-Works SL6 Disc in 56cm weighs 800g. I recall seeing one in this thread coming in at 840g

My buddy's Blue Gloss Chameleon in 56cm weighed 948g.
Last edited by moyboy on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

What length of Shimano screws I need to have to mount the rear flat mount brakecaliper?

robeambro

by robeambro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn8iPkm4I2s

Guys, here they show an SL6 with a new paintjob and they claim it is available now. Anyone heard about this?

crux

by crux

Released at the same time as the new Sram Groupset

robeambro

by robeambro

crux wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:27 pm
Released at the same time as the new Sram Groupset
Yup but where can I find info/pics? I can't see any info anywhere..

EDIT: ok it's now available on Specy's website. Unfortunately not as a frameset..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com