2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cnyn

by cnyn

So is there a Wahoo mount available which fits on the front of the bolts of the s-works stem?
Looking for such an mount because the standard wahoo mount is too thick and doesnt fit inbetween the s-works stem and the aerofly 2 bar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cnyn

by cnyn

I am looking for something like this: https://enve.com/de/products/computer-mount/
But the gap between the bolts at the enve stem is probably bigger than at the sworks stem so this mount doesn't fit.

sychen

by sychen

I use the F3 form mount. Up to 41mm wide as the arms rotate and is flexible for different stem width.
No issues so far.

And yes it takes wahoo inserts.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tutle2020

by tutle2020

Anybody find any weights on the Tarmac Disc Sport and Expert stock builds?

Both look impressive for the price.

Slack

by Slack

cnyn wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:33 am
I am looking for something like this: https://enve.com/de/products/computer-mount/
But the gap between the bolts at the enve stem is probably bigger than at the sworks stem so this mount doesn't fit.
I've used one of those on an S-Works stem, the bolt spacing is close enough.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Finished build at 6.8kg. Second S-Works Tarmac I have had build up. Interestingly I find the changing gear system of Etap better than the DI2 on my other Tarmac, but the Shimano brakes feel superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Beautiful bike, of course, but I feel obliged to ask if you shouldn't have gone for a bigger frame size? That seat post..

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Yes, that thought had crossed my mind, however to ride a 58, and make the fit work I would have to ride a 90mm stem, and that is not happening as I don’t like riding short stems.

It’s quite an aggressive position with a drop of 168 I think, but am flexible enough and core strong enough to hold myself. Long legs and long arms as well. Longest Ride I have done on my other Tarmac which had same fit was 173km and felt fine, and most I have climbed on it one one go was 2800m and felt fine climbing.

My other Tarmac, same position, just need to swap seatpost to an in-line one.

Torbjorn wrote:Beautiful bike, of course, but I feel obliged to ask if you shouldn't have gone for a bigger frame size? That seat post..

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

jhalmar

by jhalmar

alexneumuller wrote:Finished build at 6.8kg. Second S-Works Tarmac I have had build up. Interestingly I find the changing gear system of Etap better than the DI2 on my other Tarmac, but the Shimano brakes feel superior.

Really nice bike! Care to share what components you did use (stem, handlebar, bottle cages, tires, saddle)? Thanks!

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

jhalmar wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:Finished build at 6.8kg. Second S-Works Tarmac I have had build up. Interestingly I find the changing gear system of Etap better than the DI2 on my other Tarmac, but the Shimano brakes feel superior.

Really nice bike! Care to share what components you did use (stem, handlebar, bottle cages, tires, saddle)? Thanks!
Handlebar - Ax-Lightness
Stem - Enve Aero Stem 110mm
Bottle cages - Arundal Mandible
Tires - S-Works Turbo Cotton 26mm
Wheels - Roval CLX50
Saddle - Fabric Alm LTD
Bar tape - Supacaz Super Sticky
Garmin Mount - K-Edge Aero
Cassette - Sram 1190 11-28
Crank - THM SRM Powermeter 52/36
Speed play Steel Pedals

Strava
Instagram

sharkotoo

by sharkotoo

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm
Finished build at 6.8kg. Second S-Works Tarmac I have had build up. Interestingly I find the changing gear system of Etap better than the DI2 on my other Tarmac, but the Shimano brakes feel superior.

Love your bike and i'm currently looking at the same - also in a 58cm. Can I please ask what your bike's measurement is from center of BB to top of seat, along seat tube?

Cheers,
Mark

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Just to confirm that it is a 56 Size wise. And measurement from BB to Saddle top along seat tube is 834mm

Love your bike and i'm currently looking at the same - also in a 58cm. Can I please ask what your bike's measurement is from center of BB to top of seat, along seat tube?

Cheers,
Mark
[/quote]

Strava
Instagram

KevinM

by KevinM

alexneumuller wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Are you specifically asking him, or are you looking for generic measurements of the 58 Tarmac Disc? I ask because I have one if you need help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sharkotoo

by sharkotoo

KevinM wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm
alexneumuller wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Are you specifically asking him, or are you looking for generic measurements of the 58 Tarmac Disc? I ask because I have one if you need help.
Thanks for the reply. My seat height would be at 84.5cm... so about an inch higher than his. I wondered whether 1) I might be hitting the limit of the seat post extenstion and 2) whether it would look a bit strange.

Could I ask what your seat height is on the 58cm Tarmac Disc? Any chance of a photo?

Cheers
Last edited by sharkotoo on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.