2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Siok wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:36 am
Kayba wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:29 am
Torbjorn wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:59 am
Not to take away the focus from the previous question, but have you guys experienced any bottom bracket creaking, yet? Mine started on the second ride. Shop said to "break it in" for a couple of weeks, then take it to them for adjustments. I would still like to be able to do my own servicing in the future; do anyone know the dimensions of the super tiny allen key of the three bottom bracket screws on the non-drive side?
I will check for the dimensions of the 3 Allen screws. As for the creaks, I had some from the 1st ride. I sent the bike back to the shop, they completely reinstalled the bearings and crankset but the creaks kept coming back. I took the crankset apart myself, applied some grease on the preload washers and tightened carefully and evenly all the 3 Allen screws but only minor improvement. I suspected the creaking noises came from the preload washers and tiny Allen screws (I even replaced them with the previous generation wavewasher/spacers) but this is not the case. My last guess is that the creaking comes from the bearings. Even if they are brandnew (and ridiculously expensive!), this would not be the 1st time new bearings are flawed. Kyp
I installed Enduro Bearings BB30 adpators for Shimano 24mm crankset. Works like a charm. That way you still keep the stick Ceramic Speed bearings.
Thanks for the information. Kayba, I will try the same things on mine and see how it goes. And yea, the dimensions of the allen key is 1.5 mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Siok

by Siok

fogman wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:11 pm
Siok wrote:Fogman you’re pretty sharp.... yes bora one wheels with personalized stickers. Rode them today... loving them
Could you translate what those squares and triangles mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha... it’s a special type font that reads XUMUXU... means nothing to you all but it reminds me of an unforgettable moment in my life.

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

Decided to finally join the disc and Di2 club. And while this is my first bike with an electronic drivetrain and disc brakes, not my first time on an S-Works Tarmac. It's good to be back! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Attachments
DSCF5621.jpg

Kayba

by Kayba

TwinSpokes21 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 pm
Decided to finally join the disc and Di2 club. And while this is my first bike with an electronic drivetrain and disc brakes, not my first time on an S-Works Tarmac. It's good to be back! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nice TwinSpokes21 :thumbup:
What kind of bottom bracket did you choose? The Specialized adapters?

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone have a weight (no pedals) of the Pro disc as it is shipped stock in a 61?

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

I have been a long time reader on WW from Switzerland and fell in love with the SL6 the first time I saw it last year.

Now I'm finally in the position to actually buy one and I want to build it up myself first and than upgrade it gradually. I'm currently living in Switzerland, but I since I don't have a "trusted LBS" here, I could also Visit my parents in Germany, buy the frameset and import it to Switzerland myself. Funnily, I just found out that i grew up 15km away from Specialized European HQ in S'Heerenberg NL, when I was looking for retailer close to my parents :D

Anyway, at the moment I'm trying to figure out which colours i can put into consideration for my region and whether it is worth waiting for particular paintjobs, which leeds to my questions:

1. Is it true that a good specialized retailer here / in Germany can basically order every frame option, which is offered in Europe (i.e. the UK, which has a few options more) ?

2. Specialized is already listing a Team Quickstep and Boels Replica for 2019 on there US-Page, but without a picture. Do you know when they will unviel those designs and whether they will make it to Europe?

3. I really like the Gloss Acid Pink/Acid Purple/Team Yellow/Gravity Fade/Clean, but couldn't find even one picture of an actual build. Does anyone have seen one or know how long it'll take until the frames will be delivered?

Many thanks in Advance

Max

mrslnd

by mrslnd

Siok wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:19 am
Almost 100% built except for a choice of bottle cages and maybe a small utility saddle pouch.
Are you in the US? I know this frame exists, but to my knowledge isn't sold in the US or is not queued up on the US site. Might have to travel to Canada to get one.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

I gotta say - the bike is lovely, lightweight and all, but in this day and age, the exposed cabling bugs the hell out of me (I know, I know, very superfluous). Has anyone investigated if there are ways to hide them? Would the aerofly II and the Venge stem help or is there no way to route the cables internally into the headtube?

Pics of successful solutions would be awesome!

Matt28NJ

by Matt28NJ

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:47 pm
I gotta say - the bike is lovely, lightweight and all, but in this day and age, the exposed cabling bugs the hell out of me (I know, I know, very superfluous). Has anyone investigated if there are ways to hide them? Would the aerofly II and the Venge stem help or is there no way to route the cables internally into the headtube?

I'd love it if someone came up with a workable solution to hide the four cables exiting from my shifters as they travel to their destination on my current Tarmac. Love the clean, cable-less look of the new generation of aero bikes, but it sure comes at a price premium and an increased cost to service them.

As far as I can tell, eTap will eliminate two cables, but the brakes are an issue still.

murph

by murph

Matt28NJ wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:56 pm

I'd love it if someone came up with a workable solution to hide the four cables exiting from my shifters as they travel to their destination on my current Tarmac. Love the clean, cable-less look of the new generation of aero bikes, but it sure comes at a price premium and an increased cost to service them.

As far as I can tell, eTap will eliminate two cables, but the brakes are an issue still.
Bugs me too - if they can do it on the venge why not on the tarmac. Maybe the next gen tarmac will have hidden brake lines in the fork and gearing in the stem/headtube.

sychen

by sychen

I've been thinking of ways to do the same... Brakes are no chance. Di2 cables can be neatened with aerofly 2 type bars to run the cables via the channels right to the stem. With the thinner headtube... Don't think there are any room to route them through the stem into the frame without some mods.
murph wrote:
Matt28NJ wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Bugs me too - if they can do it on the venge why not on the tarmac. Maybe the next gen tarmac will have hidden brake lines in the fork and gearing in the stem/headtube.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

More weight data:

<life_lost> Tobin: frame in size 56 with gloss chameleon/cyan blue 948g
<life_lost> fork 389g

Quite heavy.

PaulH

by PaulH

Can you post pics please that is the colour I want (chameleon).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

This is the only pic he posted besides a close-up of the bottom bracket shell. Unsurprisingly it looks just like the product photos and all other examples in the wild.