2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

I would think a 54cm unless you desire a very upright position. My saddle to BB is 72cm and I ride a 52cm.

dcorn

by dcorn

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 pm
I would like a pro, rim brake frameset.
Those are already available, and you're in the wrong thread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

dcorn wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 pm
I would like a pro, rim brake frameset.
Those are already available, and you're in the wrong thread.
In the US?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

No.. they are not available.... at least not in the US. The Pro rim brake bike can only be purchased as a complete bike with Ultegra 8000 Di2 and Roval CL50 wheels. Those things are all great, but I'd prefer to just buy the frame set and set it up the way I choose.

morganb

by morganb

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:25 pm
No.. they are not available.... at least not in the US. The Pro rim brake bike can only be purchased as a complete bike with Ultegra 8000 Di2 and Roval CL50 wheels. Those things are all great, but I'd prefer to just buy the frame set and set it up the way I choose.
The Pro rim brake is sold out for good so those aren't available either unless your shop has one in stock.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

morganb wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:22 pm
The Pro rim brake is sold out for good so those aren't available either unless your shop has one in stock.
I heard that... the local shop that sponsors my club has several of the chameleon green/acid pink pro bikes in stock and a different local shop has the black/white/red in stock, or at least they did 3 weeks ago.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

So if they sponsor your team why don’t they hook you up with a frame? They can sell the other parts :noidea:
Also, not sure how the rim brake discussion matters for a thread about disc brakes :wink:

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

tonytourist wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:06 am
So if they sponsor your team why don’t they hook you up with a frame? They can sell the other parts :noidea:
Also, not sure how the rim brake discussion matters for a thread about disc brakes :wink:
We are a team of amateurs.... no one is "hooking" us up with a frame and I wouldn't expect them to. They give us a nice discount, but its not free.... additionally, since that model is basically sold out and can't be ordered, I'm sure they'd rather hold onto it for a full paying customer.

totally agree that this is about the disc brake model. I mentioned that I was hoping for a rim brake frameset in passing, just because other's were mentioning what they were hoping would be released. I didn't intend for it to become a frame derailing discussion. Back to the disc brake thoughts..

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I guess I am lucky, if I wanted a Pro only frame, the local shop would take a complete bike, strip it and sell me the frame at a reasonable price.

Overall I am quite happy with my Tarmac disc. It is my 6th Tarmac (09 Pro SL, S Works SL2, S Works SL3, S Works SL4, Pro SL5, S Works SL6) and aside from some horrible luck with flats recently I am glad that I purchased it. The same can't be said of a few past bikes, particularly the Colnago C60 I had for a bit. One thing I do not like is the stock Di2 wiring so I am debating current handle bars with internal routing, I need to decide whether I get the S Works Aerofly or the Pro Vibe Aero. Either will allow me to lose the ugly Y adapter and get the wiring hidden with the rear brake cable.

Starsboy

by Starsboy

Hello all, first post so please be gentle. Has anyone had any issues with the new power meter? Mine has gone back to Specialized due to some rather odd power data. Left/ Right balance reading 27/73 and max cadence 186! It had the latest firmware and was calibrated via both the app and my Wahoo (which stated the system was spot on) For ref I’ve used a few power meters and train via a Wattbike so I know the figures are not vaguely close

jeffy

by jeffy

stybar obviously gassed in the Giro today becuase of disc brakes.

sychen

by sychen

Starsboy wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 pm
Hello all, first post so please be gentle. Has anyone had any issues with the new power meter? Mine has gone back to Specialized due to some rather odd power data. Left/ Right balance reading 27/73 and max cadence 186! It had the latest firmware and was calibrated via both the app and my Wahoo (which stated the system was spot on) For ref I’ve used a few power meters and train via a Wattbike so I know the figures are not vaguely close
No issues with my power meter so far... I have a serial imbalance of about 53L/47R but thats due to my injury last year to my right leg. Its not consistent so flucuates between 54/46 to 51/49. Don't have another meter to test accuracy but i suspect its close enough for my purpose.

Is the reading always at 27/73? and max always at 186? or a random occurance?

Starsboy

by Starsboy

All data is random but always with a very high cadence, my normal pedalling efficiency is very close to 50/50 but the closest this power meter showed was 34/66 Anyway it has been returned and I’m waiting for an update, so my bike is off the road until it is repaired or replaced ( while the bike is back in the shop I’ve decided to have the bars changed to the narrower 400mm and have the Bluetooth unit fitted in the bars at the same time :D )

agfu

by agfu

https://youtu.be/XZex2zti-A0

Latest from the Win Tunnel. Apparently the current sl6 tarmac disc is faster than the rim brake now, though not by much

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

agfu wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:30 pm
https://youtu.be/XZex2zti-A0

Latest from the Win Tunnel. Apparently the current sl6 tarmac disc is faster than the rim brake now, though not by much
I dont buy that for a second... but I would take either sl6

spesh marketing the disc hard
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault