2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

samors

by samors

Ok two failed delivery attempts on the scale but finally got it.

I was too lazy to take all the stuff off my bike but here are the numbers along with all the weights of the items on the bike.
Edit...
2019 Tarmac Disc Pro Size 56 weight with parts listed below
17.42 Lbs \ 7.900 kg

Claimed weights

Garmin sensors 28 g
Towel 30 g ( To protect fragile ass paint)
Topeak F25 Wedge Pack Fixer 30g
K Edge Combo Mount 56g
Dura Ace 9100 Pedals 228g
2x Tacx Ciro bottle holders - 58g
Exposure lights bracket - 28g

Total 458 Grams
Last edited by samors on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

samors wrote:Ok two failed delivery attempts but finally got it.

I was too lazy to take all the stuff off my bike but here are the numbers along with all the weights of the items on the bike.

17.42 Lbs \ 7.900 kg

Claimed weights

Garmin sensors 28 g
K Edge Combo Mount 56g

Total 458 Grams
Which build is this? S-works? Pro?

Edit.. Nevermind me.. You had a pro from an earlier post... Figured out you are talking about a scale... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sychen

by sychen

AlexTas wrote:Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has the issue of a slight clunking coming from down near the bottom bracket when climbing out of the saddle? I’ve checked and made sure nothing is loose. Could it be the di2 clunking inside the frame? Also changing from the big ring to the small ring the chain has bound up twice and kinda jammed on the chainring and chain stay and chipped paint. Is this operator error or a setup issue? Other than these couple of things I’m loving the new bike it’s bloody nice!!
No clunking but slight creaking from bb during out of saddle accelerations and climbing. It's not consistent so going to see if it settles down before taking it apart.

I've had the same chain suck/jam while shifting. Not sure what causes it. Very random.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ODC

by ODC

AlexTas wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm
Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has the issue of a slight clunking coming from down near the bottom bracket when climbing out of the saddle? I’ve checked and made sure nothing is loose. Could it be the di2 clunking inside the frame? Also changing from the big ring to the small ring the chain has bound up twice and kinda jammed on the chainring and chain stay and chipped paint. Is this operator error or a setup issue? Other than these couple of things I’m loving the new bike it’s bloody nice!!
Wich crankset do you have on you're bike?
If it's the S-works crankset then remove it en grease good. They are known to make, sometimes, noises.
If you use a Shimano crank set (dura ace for example) use good adapters (c-bear, praxis etc.) and not the adapters which the frame comes with. Those ones always making strange noises.

Are you also sure that the noise isn't coming from you're pedal/cleats? Had the same noise with my SL6 past week and It was a cleat that needed to be replaced.

Delorre

by Delorre

Slight off topic as not related to the Tarmac Disc only, but has someone used the white Roval tubeless plugs (instead of rim tape) for usage with (latex in my case) innertubes. My lbs provided me with 100 plugs when I bought my CLX50 wheels. As to total weight for both wheels is <10 gr (compared to almost 50 gr for the Roval rim tape), I'm tempted to use those plugs with my latex inner tubes on both of my Roval wheelsets. (1 disc, 1 non disc)

Jugi

by Jugi

samors wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:39 pm
2019 Tarmac Disc Pro weight with parts listed below
17.42 Lbs \ 7.900 kg
Which frame size? Built with Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8070 and Roval CL50 Discs or something else?

samors

by samors

Jugi wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm
samors wrote:
2019 Tarmac Disc Pro weight with parts listed below
17.42 Lbs \ 7.900 kg
Which frame size? Built with Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8070 and Roval CL50 Discs or something else?
updated my post.

Its a size 56 with CL50 Discs and Ultegra Di2 R8070.
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 509-154559

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

samors wrote:
Ok two failed delivery attempts on the scale but finally got it.

Edit...
2019 Tarmac Disc Pro Size 56 weight with parts listed below
17.42 Lbs \ 7.900 kg

Claimed weights

Garmin sensors 28 g
K Edge Combo Mount 56g

Total 458 Grams
Thanks for this.

Jugi

by Jugi

LBoogie28 wrote: Thanks for this.
Any calculations? I ended up at 1737g for the 56 frameset, including headset bearings, seatpost clamping hardware and thru axles. Used components weights found with Google and plenty of educated quess work.

Can't be so heavy? I would have bet about 300-350g less.

samors

by samors

Also something to be added. It was a feedback sports scale and was giving me different readings for a while then it finally settled down. I actually sent it back becuase I am not sure if it was defective or not. 14.5-17.5 lbs for many attempts. Then it finally settled in to 17.42 for a few trys.

Has anyone had similair issues with this scale? The bike was not wobbling or moving and was perfectly level.

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

Just weighed a 54 cm Pro with flat pedals at my LBS. Total package came in at 17 lbs even. Bike was stiff, reactive and felt quick/agile. I don’t know what to think of the “rainbow” effect. Certainly not bad.

Siok

by Siok

I’m really surprised that they have not solved the BB creak issue. Had it with my SW Tarmac SL4 which was solved with a Praxis BB converter. But honestly with the high price tag we really should’t have to pay for an extra BB converter. Common Specialized.

sunco1

by sunco1

Just finished building my pro version model. I'm coming over from a 2015 Allez with Tiagra so this is quite an upgrade for me. Took it for a spin this morning and was very happy with it :D

I love the colors on it! It was a real head turner today. The seat is cool looking but I don't like the way the toupe feels on my bum. I have a power saddle on my other bike so I think i'll replace this toupe with the holographic power arc thats coming out.

I'll weigh it tomorrow (it's a size 58).

The only issue I had was installing the seatpost clamp. It didn't seem to want to sit very flush with the top of the frame. And about 35 miles into my ride my rear axle came loose :roll: Quick stop into a LBS and i was rolling again.
Attachments
FullSizeRender 23.jpg
FullSizeRender 24.jpg
IMG_7488.JPG
IMG_7495.JPG

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

sunco1 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:44 pm
Just finished building my pro version model. I'm coming over from a 2015 Allez with Tiagra so this is quite an upgrade for me. Took it for a spin this morning and was very happy with it :D

I love the colors on it! It was a real head turner today. The seat is cool looking but I don't like the way the toupe feels on my bum. I have a power saddle on my other bike so I think i'll replace this toupe with the holographic power arc thats coming out.

I'll weigh it tomorrow (it's a size 58).

The only issue I had was installing the seatpost clamp. It didn't seem to want to sit very flush with the top of the frame. And about 35 miles into my ride my rear axle came loose :roll: Quick stop into a LBS and i was rolling again.
Very nice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jhalmar

by jhalmar

My Roval CLX 50 wheels finally arrived. 56cm frame weight with following parts is 7,14kg.

Including:
- Sram Red eTap HRD
- Quarq Sram Red 172,5mm GXP
- Praxis Works GXP bottom bracket
- Praxis Works 50/34
- Sram XG-1190 11-28 cassette
- Dura-Ace CN-HG901 chain
- Dura-Ace R9100 pedals
- S-Works Romin Evo 143mm saddle
- Elite Vico Carbon bottle cages
- Enve SES aero road handlebar 40cm
- Enve road stem 120mm
- Enve computer mount
- Vittoria Corsa Speed TLR 25mm tires with 25g sealant /tire
- Lizard Skins DSP 2,5mm bar tape

And I still have to cut the steerer tube ASAP Image
Last edited by jhalmar on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.