2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ODC

by ODC

Something I don't like about my SL6 is the ticking noise of the cables inside my frame when standing on my pedals en move the bike from left to right (or right to left). Someone knows a good solution for this?

RyanH

by RyanH

Zipties should fix the issue. Get the short ones and zip them down at various increments and then feed the tube back into the downtube. It's the same idea as what Di2 does with the plastic bits.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glander

by glander

ODC wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:13 pm
Something I don't like about my SL6 is the ticking noise of the cables inside my frame when standing on my pedals en move the bike from left to right (or right to left). Someone knows a good solution for this?
you need this stuff.

https://jagwire.com/products/small-part ... ing-damper

sebastian19

by sebastian19

Does somebody knows some facts about the "Pro Disc" Version?

Thanks!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

sebastian19 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:25 pm
Does somebody knows some facts about the "Pro Disc" Version?

Thanks!
MY2019 so probably August at the earliest.

morganb

by morganb

Late July availability is what I've heard.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Yes... I'd say MY2019 as well and usually that means August/early September. Late July would only usually happens for a new S-Works bike that's been announced at the TDF. I can't see that happening for a Pro model.

brassnautilus

by brassnautilus

There are 2 versions of sl6 disc below the s-works level. Noticeable difference in seatpost shapes. One with the round post is 9r and other one 10r (or 10r and 11r combo, not sure)
Either will only become available in complete bike form, September onward.
There's another production batch of sw releasing in August, but sadly no more superlight version. The Peter Sagan sw will become available Jan. 2019. Quickstep and chameleon purple (with red lettering) are overstocked.
Limited number of bora paint job will become available again from the August batch. That and the chameleon blue, which is also hard to locate in some regions.
Words on the street next year's paint jobs aren't going to be too exciting so probably not a bad idea to get the superlight if you find one in your size.

Recommended torque for seatclamp is 6.2 n-m, but some people find the locking pieces still moving and loosening up the bolt. More paste seemed to solve the issue.
I'm not too happy with RT900, it bends. Had to bend it back every couple of rides. This is probably frame related (maybe it deforms more) since my venge didn't do that nearly as much.
For those using a shimano crank, HSCER adapters worked well, and a lot better than the specialized one. I'm starting to think the specialized adapter for 24mm was meant for mountain...

ODC

by ODC

brassnautilus wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:17 pm
I'm not too happy with RT900, it bends. Had to bend it back every couple of rides. This is probably frame related (maybe it deforms more) since my venge didn't do that nearly as much.
For those using a shimano crank, HSCER adapters worked well, and a lot better than the specialized one. I'm starting to think the specialized adapter for 24mm was meant for mountain...
How could bending from the rotors be frame related?
I use the specialized adapters for my DA crank and no problems.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:37 pm
Yes... I'd say MY2019 as well and usually that means August/early September. Late July would only usually happens for a new S-Works bike that's been announced at the TDF. I can't see that happening for a Pro model.

The only way I see late July availability would be that Eurobike has been pushed up to July. Specialized doesn't attend Eurobike, but they might want to make some noise around that time since everyone else is.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

They usually make big announcements regarding the top tier head of product family bikes... i.e. the S-Works Tarmac, the S-Works Venge ViAS, The S-Works Roubaix, etc... I just don't see them making too big a deal about a Pro Disc bike. They usually have a dealer event in Aug. where their dealers can come out and see the new model year color ways in person and I'd imagine it will be aoounced there. That's what they did with the Allez Sprint and that in effect, was a new bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rob01792

by rob01792

hi guys im just about to order my frame and very unsure on if i should get a 54 or 56 im 178cm tall bottom bracket to saddle is 735