2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zappano

by Zappano

Pinguin wrote:there is no need to ride the stock stem on Sl7
at Tour dF. riders are on another stems
Yes I know but it's not as clean imo. I can’t ”attach” the brake cables on my normal stem and theres a different uglier intake cover (upper transition) as well.
S-Works Tarmac SL7
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6.6kg)
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Rim (6.8kg)
S-Works Epic HT (8.8kg)
Scott Addict Gravel Tuned

RTSM

by RTSM

Here is my 2018 SL6 bought the frame and built it up, let me know what you think. Red paint added some grams to the frame versus the light version with carbon but happy with this build. Running the Veloflex 25mm black Corsa tires weight is coming in at 6.8kg on the mark.
Attachments
RSTM SWORKS SL6.jpg
Dec 26 2018 2.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

just picked up a sworks sl6 tarmac frameset on closeout. question for the long term shimano crankset users. what bb would you recommend using. the frameset came with the ceramic speed bearings + the dealer supplied the wheels mfg 24 mm adapter. any experience with this setup ? did you use grease or loctite to press in the bearings?

thanks
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

RTSM wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am
Here is my 2018 SL6 bought the frame and built it up, let me know what you think. Red paint added some grams to the frame versus the light version with carbon but happy with this build. Running the Veloflex 25mm black Corsa tires weight is coming in at 6.8kg on the mark.
Looks nice.

The spacer above the stem is not recommended though.

tortor

by tortor

Zappano wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:42 am

On my new SL7 build I will change the calipers with Trickstuff C21 calipers which should be around 50g lighter in total and the bb should be around 40g lighter aswell, so I'm expecting the same weight (despite the heavy stem).

Is it possible to mix C21 calipers (who need "dot" oil) with Dura ace levers using mineral oil.
On my opinion it could be dangerous.
Except if Trickstuff has a mineral oil version of C21 caliper

Zappano

by Zappano

tortor wrote: Is it possible to mix C21 calipers (who need "dot" oil) with Dura ace levers using mineral oil.
On my opinion it could be dangerous.
Except if Trickstuff has a mineral oil version of C21 caliper
Yes there’s a mineral oil version.
But I unfortunately couldn’t use them. The rear caliper is too big and doesn’t fit in the frame. We tried 3 different SL7 sizes (52, 56 and 58) and there’s not enough space for the C21 caliper in all sizes due to the dropped seat stays.
S-Works Tarmac SL7
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6.6kg)
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Rim (6.8kg)
S-Works Epic HT (8.8kg)
Scott Addict Gravel Tuned

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Hi guys, have any of you experienced any creaking from the rear part of the bike? I am experiencing increasing creaking of the type that comes when I increase the power (it's like having a second power meter installed set to alert me when I hit about the 300W mark.. fairly annoying). Identifying the source of creaking is always difficult, but I think I have narrowed it down to something related to the back wheel. My two first suspects were the dura ace cassette or the crossing carbon spokes of the CLX50s (based on a few threads here and elsewhere), but both torquing the cassette to the maximum allowed torque of 40nm and trying to lubricate the spoke crossings didn't seem to help much. To be precise, torquing the cassette seemed to reduce the creaking at first, but within a ride or two it came back to its usual level. My next try will be to apply some Finish Line Assembly Lube in the freehub/cassette interface, but wanted to ask here if anyone has experienced something similar. Oh, and I will also clean and reapply lube at the thru-axle. Thanks for any advice.

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

Yes I have - also had a creak "somewhere" that came up during higher power efforts. Of course it was one of the last things I tried after the seatpost etc. (it's never the first thing you try :D), but in my case the solution was indeed to grease the outside of the freehub body. I also greased the cogs a bit where they touch, and installed the cassette with decent torque. No noise since.
This was with a DA cassette on a Zipp 404, but since it's quick to do I'd give that a try if I were you.

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Thanks, TheDoctor. I will try the same with the hope it will fix my problems, as well!!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

bobzz wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:29 pm
My build is complete, here it is

Full Sram red ETAP HRD
Roval CL50 wheelset
Stage power meter
Ultegra pedal
Specialized carbon handlebar
Specialized sworks stem
Specialized Toupe carbon rail saddle

Weight is unknown for now but it doesnt seem to be light at all. Personnaly i think disc is worthless and i would of went rim brake if it wasnt that i got a deal on this frameset.

Looking forward to see how nice the bike ride
So stoked.... just picked up one of these frames, the red, white, black colorway and the build is coming soon.

liam7020

by liam7020

RTSM wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am
Very nice like that!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

BigDog

by BigDog

Has anyone seen or used the SL6 to SL7 stem adapters? Like the one sold by raceware:

https://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/spec ... er-spacer/

I'm keen to get an SL7 stem and integrate it, although would ideally get it printed myself as £30 is a bit much for a spacer!

spartan

by spartan

i am confused how can you integrate the cables in a sl6 disc. not possible. sl7 stem is quite heavy vs a std stem.

BigDog wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:14 pm
Has anyone seen or used the SL6 to SL7 stem adapters? Like the one sold by raceware:

https://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/spec ... er-spacer/

I'm keen to get an SL7 stem and integrate it, although would ideally get it printed myself as £30 is a bit much for a spacer!
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Yeah thats just to fit the stem, you can’t run the cables thru the headset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigDog

by BigDog

No I was tracking that's, I meant integration into the headset cap. Poor explanation on my behalf!

I was just seeing if anyone had done it and what it would look like!