2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sharkotoo

by sharkotoo

alexneumuller wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:05 pm
Just to confirm that it is a 56 Size wise. And measurement from BB to Saddle top along seat tube is 834mm

Love your bike and i'm currently looking at the same - also in a 58cm. Can I please ask what your bike's measurement is from center of BB to top of seat, along seat tube?

Cheers,
Mark
[/quote]

Ah - thanks for the confirmation and for the measurement. I misread your original post but still good to know the details.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

peterlee

by peterlee

It is wonderful !! :thumbup: :beerchug: and i envy your Tarmac Disc ^^

KevinM

by KevinM

sharkotoo wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:02 am
KevinM wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm
alexneumuller wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Love your bike and i'm currently looking at the same - also in a 58cm. Can I please ask what your bike's measurement is from center of BB to top of seat, along seat tube?
Are you specifically asking him, or are you looking for generic measurements of the 58 Tarmac Disc? I ask because I have one if you need help.
Thanks for the reply. My seat height would be at 84.5cm... so about an inch higher than his. I wondered whether 1) I might be hitting the limit of the seat post extenstion and 2) whether it would look a bit strange.

Could I ask what your seat height is on the 58cm Tarmac Disc? Any chance of a photo?

Cheers
Here’s mine. It’s only 80 though

KevinM

by KevinM

Full bike, showing drop

scale29

by scale29

This is useful as I’m 6’2 with a 807mm seat height and have been recommended a 58. This seems to confirm it. I have fairly long arms and 56 would be way too short.

Siok

by Siok

Finally after a 11 month wait from last October haha. Blk/Blk colorway. Building it next week. More soon.
Attachments
B86E4D76-3BDC-480A-9EB9-87075FFE2C93.jpeg

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Just test rode an S-Works SL6 disk. I was hping to try the SL6 rim but the shop did not have it.

Damn it was light -- 6.6kg with pedals, size 56. QUESTION: for those who have tried or own both, does the rim model ride similarly to the disk model? I had never used disk brakes before, That so much of the weight of the bike was devoted to stopping (as compared to a rim model) was interesting. If the ride is similar (other than that), the same ride with, say, 300 fewer grams would be ike riding a rocket.

BTW, during the test ride, on a downhill, the seat post slipped and then collapsed, as some have reported of the new Tarmac. If and when I buy one, I'll have the shop use the carbon loctite as recommended. I guess it was a good test of the disk brakes.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Not to take away the focus from the previous question, but have you guys experienced any bottom bracket creaking, yet? Mine started on the second ride. Shop said to "break it in" for a couple of weeks, then take it to them for adjustments. I would still like to be able to do my own servicing in the future; do anyone know the dimensions of the super tiny allen key of the three bottom bracket screws on the non-drive side?

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Torbjorn wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:59 am
Not to take away the focus from the previous question, but have you guys experienced any bottom bracket creaking, yet? Mine started on the second ride. Shop said to "break it in" for a couple of weeks, then take it to them for adjustments. I would still like to be able to do my own servicing in the future; do anyone know the dimensions of the super tiny allen key of the three bottom bracket screws on the non-drive side?
No apology needed, this is a good question and I hope you find an answer!
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

KevinM

by KevinM

Stendhal wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 am
Just test rode an S-Works SL6 disk. I was hping to try the SL6 rim but the shop did not have it.

Damn it was light -- 6.6kg with pedals, size 56. QUESTION: for those who have tried or own both, does the rim model ride similarly to the disk model? I had never used disk brakes before, That so much of the weight of the bike was devoted to stopping (as compared to a rim model) was interesting. If the ride is similar (other than that), the same ride with, say, 300 fewer grams would be ike riding a rocket.

BTW, during the test ride, on a downhill, the seat post slipped and then collapsed, as some have reported of the new Tarmac. If and when I buy one, I'll have the shop use the carbon loctite as recommended. I guess it was a good test of the disk brakes.
I rode both. The rim brakes do work very well. I chose the disc because I believe that when the time comes to buy my next bike, almost everything high end will be disc, and rim brake bikes will be lower value. It’s a gamble, but that’s why I went disc.

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone know if the Men's Tarmac Disc Pro (just below S-Works w/Di2 Ultegra) was offered in a 2018 model?

KevinM

by KevinM

No, it wasn’t.

sfo423

by sfo423

Any idea if the pro disc frame will be available? I don’t see it on the website.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

KevinM wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:49 pm
Stendhal wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 am

I rode both. The rim brakes do work very well. I chose the disc because I believe that when the time comes to buy my next bike, almost everything high end will be disc, and rim brake bikes will be lower value. It’s a gamble, but that’s why I went disc.
That's really smart, I wondered about the same thing. Tried a rim brake non-S Works Tarmac today. As expcted, braking = center mount rim < direct mount rim < disc. I think the proximate advantage of either direct mount or disc is wider tire clearance. My current Pinarello F10 with eecycles center mount brakes barely accomodates 25 mm tires (have to open the brakes to fit). Past that, with the extra weight penalty for disc, I'm hesitating on buying disc. Switching to disc also is a much more expensive proposition; I'd not be able to carry over my current eTap levers and very good Roval CLX32 wheels.

liam7020

by liam7020

KevinM wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:34 pm
Full bike, showing drop
Nice bike! What length of stem are you running there?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com