2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cnyn

by cnyn

My new one:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

L3X

by L3X

Torbjorn wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:30 am
Yea, I was told by the store that Specialized Europe would be "in touch with me directly to find a solution". That was on May 18, ie 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard a thing. LOL. This is my first customer experience with Specialized. Based on it, I would say it seems something is not well organized within their company.
My experience with Specialized Europe so far has been really really good, so maybe it's worth checking with your LBS if they actually informed them correctly. You can also just contact them directly and doublecheck.
Siok wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:13 am
I’m really appalled by their non existent professionalism. They had more than a year after their non disc S-Works SL6 launch to get the disc version sorted yet they are still fumbling even after the launch. Way way behind in rolling out stock. Now we wait indefinitely for nothing. Not well organized is an understatement. Not impressed. They very least we expect from a company like Specilialized is some honesty and tell us what really is the hic cup.
I wouldn't wait forever for a frame to arrive. Honestly I don't understand how people just accepted these 'excuses' and keep waiting and waiting... Same with frames coming in way over advertised weight, just return it already.

sychen

by sychen

Been off the bike weeks due to the ol winter sniffles.. Couple of updates
F3 mount for garmin and fly12.
Much cleaner with this mounted on the stem bolts.

Berk lupina padded 150mm x 7mm rail.
I'm a saddle whore can resist trying new saddles.. This is really lovely. Different comfort due to flex compared to power but like it so far.
89g Saddle for a 143g reduction from one change... nice.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Last edited by sychen on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegPower

by LegPower

For anyone curious on frame weight, my SL6 Disc in a 52 comes in at 785g. Seatpost is 163g and fork is 340g uncut.
IMG_1266.jpg
What are everyone's favorite lightweight disc wheel? Using the Enve 3.4 now with Chris King hubs and thinking of switching to the Roval CLX 32s, but interested in other options. I have Hunts on my other bike and like them a lot, but it's QR and I don't want to deal with switching the hub each time I'm going to ride a different bike.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Excellent frame weight... Darimo needs to make a post for this tarmac .. 163g fork negates the light frame
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

LegPower

by LegPower

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:52 pm
163g fork negates the light frame
Do you mean the seatpost? That's really only 50g heavier than the Schmolke or MCFK and I'm above the rider weight limit (need to weenie myself!). The fork is also 10g lighter than the Emonda (and Enve options). That being said, the Emonda frame weights 645g which is a crazy 140g difference.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

LegPower wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:53 am

Do you mean the seatpost? That's really only 50g heavier than the Schmolke or MCFK and I'm above the rider weight limit (need to weenie myself!). The fork is also 10g lighter than the Emonda (and Enve options). That being said, the Emonda frame weights 645g which is a crazy 140g difference.
The Emonda 135mm seatmast cap and bolt also weighs about 125g. Trek forks also come in a little taller when uncut because the same forks are used for H1 and H2 head tubes.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

LegPower wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:53 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:52 pm
163g fork negates the light frame
fork ? was not thinking... seatpost for sure.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

jhalmar

by jhalmar

I have an annoying clicking noise coming from my seatpost. If I clean everything and put it back into frame with carbon paste and blue loctite on bolt (6,2Nm) it stays quiet for about couple of hundred kilometers. Then it starts to make clicking noise when riding from saddle and it seems to get worse. And the seatpost stays at the same height. When standing it is totally silent. I have tried different pedals, checked the bottom bracket and crankset. It is definitely coming from the seatpost because it always help when I clean everything and re-assemble.

Does anyone have similar issues and what have you done about it? I was thinking about less torque or more torque but haven’t really tried yet.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Are you sure the torque wrench is accurate?

jhalmar

by jhalmar

^ I have calibrated it and should be very accurate indeed. But now that you mentioned it I do it again just to be sure.

Kayba

by Kayba

jhalmar wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:55 am
I have an annoying clicking noise coming from my seatpost. If I clean everything and put it back into frame with carbon paste and blue loctite on bolt (6,2Nm) it stays quiet for about couple of hundred kilometers. Then it starts to make clicking noise when riding from saddle and it seems to get worse. And the seatpost stays at the same height. When standing it is totally silent. I have tried different pedals, checked the bottom bracket and crankset. It is definitely coming from the seatpost because it always help when I clean everything and re-assemble.

Does anyone have similar issues and what have you done about it? I was thinking about less torque or more torque but haven’t really tried yet.
I also had a clicking sound with every pedal stroke. I thought it came from the crankset but I found it came from the seatpost and from the rear hub. I reinstalled the seatpost with Carbon paste, put some grease on the thread of the bolt itself (not on the clamp) and went a little over the advised torque. Has been silent since then.

For the rear hub I just reinstalled the lockring after putting some grease on the thread. I can’t understand they don’t put grease on the thread at the factory.

Good luck 👍
Last edited by Kayba on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jhalmar

by jhalmar

^ If you could share the torque you used for example via private message it would be perfect

edit. Thank you Kayba for the private message! I am too noob in this forum to send private messages...

sychen

by sychen

Update weight since the saddle change and computer mount.

6.871kg with garmin on. 6.8kg flat without.
Pardon the ridiculous weighing method. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

sychen wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:20 pm
Update weight since the saddle change and computer mount.

6.871kg with garmin on. 6.8kg flat without.
Pardon the ridiculous weighing method. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk