2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

My local shop just built up a custom SL6 disc for a customer that wanted it completely bare carbon. They took off all of the graphics... Red Etap, with Enve parts, etc. I think the only stock remaining parts are seatpost and crank. 13.3 pounds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjNajq-hed8 ... m.vreeland

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ I wanna like it... but that saddle ruins it for me. My eyes are drawn to it.

13.3 as shown in that link... I'd be surprised,

oh and hydro levers... are they working on making them smaller.. please!
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Yea.. I don't love that saddle either, but it's not my butt sitting on it and as far as I'm concerned, the comfort of the person riding the bikes trumps the looks.

I'm sorry... it wasn't 13.3... it was 13 pounds, 13 oz. If you look at his IG profile, he has a picture of the scale.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:55 pm
Yea.. I don't love that saddle either, but it's not my butt sitting on it and as far as I'm concerned, the comfort of the person riding the bikes trumps the looks.

I'm sorry... it wasn't 13.3... it was 13 pounds, 13 oz. If you look at his IG profile, he has a picture of the scale.
yeah but who knows what was on and off the bike... you can see the saddle is different in the scale pic...

unless those are some 900g superlite tubs in the pic.. that has all the makings of a 15lb bike to me.. which is not bad.. but 13.13 .. I'm doubtful. If I'm wrong I might buy one.
Last edited by spdntrxi on Sat May 26, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

toutenhoofd
Shop Owner

by toutenhoofd

I bought a 56cm SL6 Disc Ultralight, just the frame and fork, and built the bike up with Di2 hydro, Knight Composites 35mm Clincher Disc wheels, Extralite Stem, SRM THM M3 cranks, and Shimano Pro Vibe bars. My complete bike weighs 15lbs 6oz with pedals (Look Carbon/Ti) and a single bottle cage. The tires are 28mm Schwalbe Pro 1 with sealant. It’s the best bike I’ve ever had and I’ve had dozens. But I wouldn’t say it’s super light - I’ve ridden sub 10-pound bikes before. I love it and I’m happy with the weight/performance balance.

I’m building a set of wheels with Extralite hubs, Hope floating disc rotors and NOX Composite rims which I think will knock off 200+ grams. I’ll probably run 25mm tires on those wheels, too. It will probably make the bike just UCI legal. I can’t imagine how to make it 13 pounds without running tubular wheels, unless eTap is that much lighter than Shimano 9170.

I think that the Specialized seatpost is rather heavy and I see that as a good opportunity to drop some weight. It would be awesome of someone made a lighter post for that D-shaped seat tube. Dash??? I’ll email Weston from Dash and request that :-)

Cheers
Nico
www.cyclingtechnology.com
(NOTE: This poster owns a retail business selling weight conscious bike related products.)

TonyM

by TonyM

CrankAddictsRich wrote:My local shop just built up a custom SL6 disc for a customer that wanted it completely bare carbon. They took off all of the graphics... Red Etap, with Enve parts, etc. I think the only stock remaining parts are seatpost and crank. 13.3 pounds.

Beside the saddle...

- Spec. Logo on the cranks
- CeramicSpeed logo in the RD cage

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm with spdntrxi on this. As photographed, the bike is over 15lbs. My Emonda frame module including seatmast, frame, fork, bits is probably 160g lighter than a Tarmac Disc frame module. My saddle is 67g vs 245g for a Selle SMP Dynamic CRB. I have a 251g Bontrager XXX integrated bar/stem combo while an ENVE 100mm stem weighs 115g and 40mm SES bars weigh at minimum 206g. That bike also obviously has clincher SES 3.4s. The only notably heavier component on my bike are Garmin Vector 2s.

My bike weighs 14.75lbs with cages and Blendr mount attached and this SL6 is considerably heavier.

Shrike

by Shrike

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:40 pm
My local shop just built up a custom SL6 disc for a customer that wanted it completely bare carbon. They took off all of the graphics... Red Etap, with Enve parts, etc. I think the only stock remaining parts are seatpost and crank. 13.3 pounds.

6kg disc brake SL6? :shock:

Want.

EDIT: never mind, just seen the following posts.

Shame, was getting new bike tingles there..

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Wow that is definitely not how an SMP is designed to be set up.

That would have your pelvis tilted into a terrible position. Lovely bike, but please get that guy into a bike fitter who has a clue. That has lower back injury written all over it.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

alexmcm09 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:31 pm

Wow that is definitely not how an SMP is designed to be set up.

That would have your pelvis tilted into a terrible position. Lovely bike, but please get that guy into a bike fitter who has a clue. That has lower back injury written all over it.

Either that or he just smashes his weenie into the nose of the saddle, while leaning on the very front of his pubic rami since it's about 15deg off-axis. This guy should really be on a flatter, non-cradling saddle. I imagine he would be right at home on an ISM or Dash.

sychen

by sychen

Interesting murder look. That saddle set up makes my undercarriage hurt just looking at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oznerol

by Oznerol

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I heard from my local shop that the Pro-level bike should be dropping in the next week or two.

TonyM

by TonyM

Oznerol wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I heard from my local shop that the Pro-level bike should be dropping in the next week or two.
What is the Pro-level bike?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Oznerol wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:22 am
Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I heard from my local shop that the Pro-level bike should be dropping in the next week or two.

Comp level disc models will be out as well with "FACT 9R" level carbon and round seaposts to finally replace the SL4s they've been selling at $3000 and below. Not sure if there are going to be rim-brake level full builds.

TonyM wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 am
Oznerol wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I heard from my local shop that the Pro-level bike should be dropping in the next week or two.
What is the Pro-level bike?

FACT 10R carbon frame and UDi2. Probably around $6500.

RedOne

by RedOne

Hi, I'm new to the forum and wanted to say thanks for the great discussions and sharing that you guys have going on.

Located in Austria (EU) I'm planning to do a custom build of the S-Works Tarmac Disc. I've set my eyes on the Gloss Chameleon/Cyan Blue color-scheme that is currently not (yet) available in my market.

My LBS got info from a Specialized sales rep that more of the existing colors will be made available for the Austrian market in July.
Has anyone of you information to back this up? Could this go alongside the launch of the pro level bikes?
Legs speak louder than words

2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (7.03 kg)
2014 Specialized Enduro Expert (13.04 kg)
2019 S-Works Venge SaganCollection (7.78kg)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com