2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

nulldreiundreissig wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:20 am
Thank you very much! That's pretty much what I feared and a large disappointment for me. But It's goof to know the truth.

Now the question is: What would be an appropriate demand for me? Give him another chance to sent me the right bearings, have him paying for my local shop here order and press in ceramic bearings, demand conpensation or should I even consider resigning from the purchase contract and giving the bike back?

The thing is: I don't need a ceramic bearing, since I just started racing and don't think it makes much of a difference. But I paid for a really expensive frameset, of which a 300 usd BB is a substantial part, and when we discussed the built, we agreed to keep it in, because an upgrade to a bb30 powermeter would only be a matter of months. Now I don't have the right bearings, but a PM I can't mount because of this. And no spare bike, which makes it worse.
If the shop can compensate that will be a better choice.

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Helmetbox wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 am
Wed May 22, 2019 9:20 am
Thank you very much! That's pretty much what I feared and a large disappointment for me. But It's goof to know the truth.

Now the question is: What would be an appropriate demand for me? Give him another chance to sent me the right bearings, have him paying for my local shop here order and press in ceramic bearings, demand conpensation or should I even consider resigning from the purchase contract and giving the bike back?

The thing is: I don't need a ceramic bearing, since I just started racing and don't think it makes much of a difference. But I paid for a really expensive frameset, of which a 300 usd BB is a substantial part, and when we discussed the built, we agreed to keep it in, because an upgrade to a bb30 powermeter would only be a matter of months. Now I don't have the right bearings, but a PM I can't mount because of this. And no spare bike, which makes it worse.
If the shop can compensate that will be a better choice.
Thanks for all the replies! :up:
I have sent him another email, gave him 7 days to respond and offer me a solution which is valid for both of us and mentioned a resignation from the purchase contract as the ultima ratio should we not come to an agreement. I'll keep you posted

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

I am wanting to get custom Sworks decals for my 56 frame. The website asks for sizes and whatnot, but rather than measure inaccurately by myself the size of the Sworks logo on the downtube and the "S" on the headtube, I was wondering if somebody had done the hard work for me and maybe has vector versions, or anything that could help.

mushroom

by mushroom

Hello there,

my question is not related to tarmac 2018 but tarmac sl5 year 2015, the width of bottom bracket shell, 61 or 68 mm wide? i think 68, i dont have tools near me at the moment to take all out and measure.

Also i have Tarmac sl5 frame year 2015 and quarq bb30 pf crankset, what would be good bearing, adapters or other options? ( non gluable) ive googled cbearings are not bad, kogels also are good bur im not sure if i need ceramic bearings.

Have a nice day! :)

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Update: Fresh bar tape and Power2max NGeco with a Rotor Aldhu crank. Next steps will be Rotor chainrings, a lighter chain and casette as well as new turbo cottons. 4000km without flats, but my rear tire starts to look pretty worn out.
IMG_0686.jpeg

sychen

by sychen

nulldreiundreissig wrote:Update: Fresh bar tape and Power2max NGeco with a Rotor Aldhu crank. Next steps will be Rotor chainrings, a lighter chain and casette as well as new turbo cottons. 4000km without flats, but my rear tire starts to look pretty worn out.
IMG_0686.jpeg
Lol... 4k without flats... Must not ride in cities..at least not cities like Sydney.

Idiots in my city loves smashing glass/beer bottles on roads and bike paths..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 am
Update: Fresh bar tape and Power2max NGeco with a Rotor Aldhu crank. Next steps will be Rotor chainrings, a lighter chain and casette as well as new turbo cottons. 4000km without flats, but my rear tire starts to look pretty worn out.
May i ask what make you pick Rotor Aldhu over FSA K-Force Light?
K-Force Light is, well, lighter and cost the same on power2max website.

I kinda like the look of Rotor crank better though. :noidea:

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:36 pm

and so did I, that's why I chose the Rotor cranks. I also liked the fact that the Rotor Aldhu stuff is modular.
sychen wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm
Lol... 4k without flats... Must not ride in cities..at least not cities like Sydney.
Zurich is far away from being as big as Sydney, but I have to cross the city for most of my usual training rides. I also only started cycling after I moved here a couple of years ago and cannot compare it to other cities. On the other hand: Being a 61kg guy might help with getting 4000km+ out of a pair turbo cottons, too.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

sychen wrote:
nulldreiundreissig wrote:Update: Fresh bar tape and Power2max NGeco with a Rotor Aldhu crank. Next steps will be Rotor chainrings, a lighter chain and casette as well as new turbo cottons. 4000km without flats, but my rear tire starts to look pretty worn out.
IMG_0686.jpeg

5k+km this year, it's more about how you ride than where you ride.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Gary71

by Gary71

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 pm
sychen wrote:
IMG_0686.jpeg

As special kind of Pauline here in Australia would ask, "Please explain!"
:noidea:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Gary71 wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 pm
sychen wrote:
IMG_0686.jpeg

As special kind of Pauline here in Australia would ask, "Please explain!"
:noidea:
Avoiding debris etc, don't hug the gutter, check for crap stuck in your tyres, drag a glove or bottle on your tyre if you ride through trash etc. I ride through the city regularly and it's a piece of cake compared to the 2-3 times a week I'm using the M2 and it's endless trash. I ride a mix of cottons, turbo pro, gp4k and Roubaix 28c. Several thousand km total on cottons and only 1 puncture on them, in a crap filled guttter sneaking past a garbage truck.

Using Tapatalk

Miles253

by Miles253

Hexsense wrote:

The Rotor crank looks great! Was that just a straight fit into the original Tarmac Ceramic BB? I'm considering which BB30 options I have other than Specialized's Sworks crank.

Any thoughts?
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Miles253 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:24 am
Hexsense wrote:

The Rotor crank looks great! Was that just a straight fit into the original Tarmac Ceramic BB? I'm considering which BB30 options I have other than Specialized's Sworks crank.

Any thoughts?
I cannot comment on the fit, since I had some trouble with a bodged built, which at first left me without the ceramic bearings (I wrote about my problem a page or two ago). However: Taking out the Ultegra-crankset, threaded BB and cups, pressing in the ceramic bearings and installing the P2M out from the box took my mechanic about an hour. fittinge PM alone should therefore be a pretty straightforward thing.

The crankset itself comes with adaptors/cups for the right spacing. It looks Ok from my point of view, but I have some pictures attached. Btw: Excuse the dirty bike: I did not have time to clean the bike since wednesday's crit
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG

Mtbric

by Mtbric

Just found this discussion. Just built up a S-Works Tarmac SL6 disc that sits at 6.89kg with Hollowgram SISL (not SISL2) cranks, Power2Max power meter, pedals and cages. I'm not a huge fan of the murdered out look so I added some color with blue metallic vinyl. It can be removed at any time. The Hollowgram cranks was a cost saving feature because I came from Supersix Evo HiMod but works very nice. Pretty bad photo. I know.

S-Works
Dura Ace Di2, XTR 9100 rotors (I like the look)
CLX 32
S-Works Power Saddle
Cannondale Hollowgram w Power2Max Eco Power meter 52/36
3t Superergo LTD handlebar
Uno 7 debadged stem, black ti bolts
SRAM red 11-30 cassette
Speedplay Zero SS pedals
Attachments
CAD667E7-9D4B-432B-81B6-B35797769DA8.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓