Colnago C60 or Bianchi Oltre XR4?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Madone69

by Madone69

as a XR4 owner in colour code 1D - Celeste Gloss - i would recommend the XR4 anytime. it just does everything right - do a research on all the reviews and awards achieved. :thumbup: :beerchug:
regards weight - i am happy with a size 53 with Super Record EPS v3 ,Zipp 404 tubulars , ITM Pathom bars and stem and SLR saddle - 6.9kg...not super light but not heavy either. ( no WW parts or modifications done) :thumbup:
regards quality - all the comments about C60 being better - plain bollocks - just have a look at the details in finish on the paint & other bits and pieces of the XR4. :thumbup:
regards - bb & Headset - another over rating on the C60 - if press fit is done correctly - it works just fine :thumbup:

Ozrider

by Ozrider

The C60 was good enough to be ridden to a win on stage 7 of the Vuelta [emoji41]
It all depends on what you want from a bike. The C60 is lugged carbon with a more classic look, the XR4 is a more aero race bike.
Try test ride each of them and go with the one that feels the best for you.
Alternatively check out which one has geometry that is closest to your bike fit / setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JKolmo

by JKolmo

The C60 sucking up some of my energy. Now that's a new one...

bilwit

by bilwit

get the one that makes you feel like more of a badass

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Yeah, buy the one that you find a better deal on for an attractive paint scheme. My C60 is more "smell the roses" than my AR FRD was, but I wouldn't describe it as unnecessarily plush - and it climbs at least as good as any other bike I've owned. I'm sure both of these bikes will take anything your legs can offer and not leave you wondering if your bike was "_____" enough. Being a bit aero obsessed, what's surprised me most about the C60 is that it's still a ton of fun if I don't feel like hammering - yet I can still set PRs on faster segments that I'd previously held on no-nonsense aero builds.

3Pio

by 3Pio

From our today Roses Smell Session :)

mag

by mag

3Pio wrote:From our today Roses Smell Session :)

(since I can't send PMs perhaps due to small amount of posts I'll try it right here)
Hey, I tried to contact the VEB Company that You recommended for purchasing Bianchis as well as Colnagos, but they don't seem to respond. Do they really "operate" outside the Slovenia?

3Pio

by 3Pio

mag wrote:
3Pio wrote:From our today Roses Smell Session :)

(since I can't send PMs perhaps due to small amount of posts I'll try it right here)
Hey, I tried to contact the VEB Company that You recommended for purchasing Bianchis as well as Colnagos, but they don't seem to respond. Do they really "operate" outside the Slovenia?

I just send u a pm..

micky

by micky

Sorry for jumping in your thread but just out of curiosity, any C60 user racing on it?

guyc

by guyc

If you can't ride well on either of these bikes it's not down to them.....

corky

by corky

the Emirates team also use almost exclusively c60s....... despite having access to the more aero, non-lugged, more modern VR2 and the Out and out aero Concept.........

themidge

by themidge

I'm not so sure about that. I'm pretty certain I've seen some v1r and v2r bikes under Darwin Atapuma and a couple of other riders I couldn't name.

Pikeyweiss

by Pikeyweiss

I would buy whatever floats your boat...One is hand made in Italy, the other produced out of a mould in Vietnam...both top shelf...I purchased my 928 ISAP & C59 nos when they had been superseded by a couple of years...fraction of original price.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Actually i had a chance to try it a little bit XR4. Dont consider this as review since i done that short distance, but still i'll share.

For me XR4 feel more wooden then my C60, and also feel that C60 it's somehow stiffer when u push really hard on the pedals, specially climbing. Maybe this is part that my position is adjusted on C60, and i tried Oltre not being adjusted properly, but that's how i feeled yesterday. In same time harsher when u cross some imperfection (maybe this was part that im using Latex inner tubes but 23mm Conti 4000 SII, and on Oltre there was regular inner tubes but 25mm tires).

My advice will be this:

1. Make Rettul fitting (or some other fitting), and talk to fitter which geometry suit u better. Discuss where ull have more compromises (maybe not having too much size choice in Bianchi will be a problem. Maybe higher stack on C60 will be a problem. Depend what u prefer).

2. Do a test ride for both bikes if u can (it will be the best if u first do the Rettul, then according to that measurements do the test rides on both).

3. If u pass first two points, and it's equal, just pick one who like to look at. Who'll make u want to ride..

Both are good choices and u wont regret. At the end, if u still can not decide, just flip the Coin :)
Last edited by 3Pio on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Wise advice above. still believe that pf bearings directly on carbon bianchi style is an inferior design though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com