Light Aero bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djw52

by djw52

First post here - I'm hoping for some pearls of wisdom on this topic (as most articles google turns up are 2014 forum posts :roll: )...

> What's the best option under £3k for a disc-equipped bike with aero credentials that is also light. And comfortable (moon on a stick anyone?).

For background - today I ride a Giant Propel (L size) with fulcrum racing zeros on it for up/down days. Total weight is 8.0kg. I'm looking for a new bike that will build slightly lighter, will have discs (the Propel's brakes are naff) and will be comfortable (I love the Propel's speed but damn it beats you up!).NB I am likely to get Hunt's lightest climbing wheels separately, so it's fine to point to a bike that comes with deep section wheels as standard... I'll still do the odd pan-flat day!

Thanks for the help,

DW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

The newly announced Scott Foil Disc could be interesting for you.
If not going full aero, but for a somewhat aero optimized climbing bike, I'd choose the Canyon Ultimate SL disc aero in your price range.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Lieblingsleguan wrote:The newly announced Scott Foil Disc could be interesting for you.
If not going full aero, but for a somewhat aero optimized climbing bike, I'd choose the Canyon Ultimate SL disc aero in your price range.

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/c ... iew-50961/

This Ultimate CF SLX costs £4400 and the medium weighs 7.8kg without pedals. The SL frame is heavier than the SLX. There's really no bike that combines the features he's looking for, price and weight.

If price were not a factor, I'd say wait for the disc version of the Tarmac SL6.