Quarq DFour with Rotor Q-Rings modification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lemkeg

by lemkeg

I recently bought a Quarq DFour powermeter which has a 110bcd Shimano 4-arm fitting for the chainrings. I wanted to put on the Q-rings I had from my previous bike which had Shimano Ultegra 6800 on there. So, also a 110bcd 4-arm fitting. I can't seem to fit the Q-rings on there. When the crank is installed, I can't get the rings around the battery pod. I also tried removing the crank but it still did not fit around the quarq spider. It is as if the Q-ring hole is not round, and the Quarq spider is round.

Has anyone managed to fit this combination of powermeter and rings? I contacted Quarq and ROTOR and they both said that I should modify the rings to fit on the Quarq. I am not very confident on my skill when it comes to modifying bike parts, so any input / pictures would be helpful.

Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

dremel is your friend. it is doable. I did it... just need to trim chainring on battery pod area. slowly, until it fits.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

lemkeg

by lemkeg

stormur wrote:dremel is your friend. it is doable. I did it... just need to trim chainring on battery pod area. slowly, until it fits.

Do you maybe have a picture? I don't want to ruin my Q-Rings :p

MattC

by MattC

The dimension across the battery compartment is more than 110bcd, so you won't fit the chainring on without modification.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I had the same problem with q rings and the quarq dzero. I removed the spider from the crank, but the housing of the battery still increased the inner diameter a little bit, so I took the flex and removed some material. no pictures, but I made a small drawing where to make the cuts.

TroyG

by TroyG

eins4eins wrote:I had the same problem with q rings and the quarq dzero. I removed the spider from the crank, but the housing of the battery still increased the inner diameter a little bit, so I took the flex and removed some material. no pictures, but I made a small drawing where to make the cuts.

Would a person run into the same fitment issue with the QXL rings or the osymetric rings?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

eins4eins

by eins4eins

with the QXL you face the same issue

the osymetric rings have not material between the mounting holes, so no problem mounting them to a quarq powermeter.

TroyG

by TroyG

eins4eins wrote:with the QXL you face the same issue

the osymetric rings have not material between the mounting holes, so no problem mounting them to a quarq powermeter.

THANKS.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

milanv

by milanv

Anyone using Quarq DFour/DFour91 with new Rotor Q Rings without problems?

https://rotorbike.com/catalog/default/r ... outer.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com