Deda Superzero cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

Hi there,

Just a quick question. I need to change my stem from 100mm to 110mm to stabilise my bike a bit and looking for stems I saw a deal on the Superzero cockpit (stem + bars) in Alu. I like the look of the stem and I am liking the looks of the combo although it will add weight to the bike I have now (Zero 100 bar + S-works SL stem) because I'm looking to do the combo in alloy.

My question is whether it will look a bit off in a non-aero bike (Rose Xeon RS)

Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

The Superzero stem looks very normal and the bars are not extremely flat. IMO it will look fine.

rlanger

by rlanger

kgt wrote:The Superzero stem looks very normal and the bars are not extremely flat. IMO it will look fine.

+1 This is one of the nice things about this stem and bar combo. It's a nice compromise between full aero like the 3T Aeronova, and a standard bar.

Should look nice on just about any bike.

c60rider

by c60rider

These are really poor if you like the brake levers higher. I don't have mine particularly high and needed to push them to the maximum height on the carbon version and still tilt the bars to get them to the right height. I doubt the alloy version are any different so you need to be wary of this with the dedas.

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

c60rider wrote:These are really poor if you like the brake levers higher. I don't have mine particularly high and needed to push them to the maximum height on the carbon version and still tilt the bars to get them to the right height. I doubt the alloy version are any different so you need to be wary of this with the dedas.

I'm like a flat transition between the top and the hoods. Would that be an issue? From the photos I've seen, that seems to be alright.

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

rlanger wrote:
kgt wrote:The Superzero stem looks very normal and the bars are not extremely flat. IMO it will look fine.

+1 This is one of the nice things about this stem and bar combo. It's a nice compromise between full aero like the 3T Aeronova, and a standard bar.

Should look nice on just about any bike.

Cool. I'll get them then. They will add some weight to the bike, but I do like the looks of them. I think I can compensate by replacing the pedals and maybe using that Rotor Uno cassette I got as a gift... (133.5g)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com