Ax Leaf II saddle questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

retired

by retired

thinking about this saddle and wondering how slippery it is? Comfort is subjecting of course and I'm a 65KG rider. Thhanks.

mrgray

by mrgray

i have both the plus and the standard and i don't find either slippery. as you suggest comfort is a very personal issue, however i do think this wider and flatter shape has many fans for a reason.

the leaf is my "grail" saddle. i tried numerous saddles on the way to it. i'd recommend it as worth a go.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

retired

by retired

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

sp3000

by sp3000

I'm currently riding the leaf II, absolutely love it, best saddle I've ever used, the last one being an SMP Dynamic. The full carbon is no issue at all slipping wise, I was worried too and considered the leather covered version but I'm glad I didn't. I think you get less friction with it being smooth and I've never had a saddle sore with this and I did on occasion with Fizik Aliante and SMP. Fizik I had some numbness, the SMP solved that.. the AX Leaf solved both numbness and saddle sores. After 2 hours of mainly in the saddle the Leaf does feel hard, but never bad and doing back to back days I don't have any pressure points when back on..

I really think it will come down to fit, it seems to fit me very well and support me in the right places. I'm 70kgs, 30-32" waist size L in Assos bibs if that helps.

retired

by retired

Another vote for the Leaf. thanks. :)