Canyon H36 with aerobars extension

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bodil

by Bodil

:shock:
Last edited by Bodil on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bodil

by Bodil

Nooooooo!!!! 😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

Please do let me know if you find another one..

Did you ever test the Syncros? I have read some threads now and some are not keen on mounting other products as it can damage the carbon... what are your thoughts?

dorin

by dorin

I did use the Syncros with their aerobars adapter, it did leave some prints, but (yeah I know) it annoyed me it didn’t have the same nice smooth look the canyon spacers and h36 look together....also, the entire combo was abt 900usd when the canyon aerobars were abt 150usd so I was super happy when the lbs told me they’ll accept syncros and their aerobars back. Canyon told me towards nov they may have some new aerobars with the 2019 models so wait and see...they also told me they don’t sell them anymore and that invoice date July showed how honest they were...

rammerst

by rammerst

Hi,

I just had an online chat with Canyon Belgium and they confirmed me that they will have new aerobars for the H36 by the end of the year.

I hope that helps out anyone still searching for it.

I couldn't find any alternative myself.

Rammerst

dorin

by dorin

In case still looking. On U.K. page they have the aerobars (and in stock) but not on the German one.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/accessorie ... 1&id=65119

dorin

by dorin

ok, i hope is false alarm but freaking out right now. i took off one aerobar as my wife rides the endurace during summer and she doenst like the aerobars to notice indents on both sides of the handlebars. looked at the ultimate and has as well indents. both were tight properly to correct torque setting, both handlebars have same damage. i wrote to canyon, hopefully the handlebars are not declared unsafe to ride...

Last edited by dorin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorin

by dorin

One month since I notified Canyon and still no reply, had a chat today, all I got from them was a blunt “we’ll come back to you as soon as possible” and she never answered any of my questions from that point onward, I can honestly say I’m very disappointed on how Canyon is handling this...

d3kalb

by d3kalb

dorin wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:34 pm
One month since I notified Canyon and still no reply, had a chat today, all I got from them was a blunt “we’ll come back to you as soon as possible” and she never answered any of my questions from that point onward, I can honestly say I’m very disappointed on how Canyon is handling this...
Did you ever hear back? I have those same TT bars of which I have yet to install, and am in the US, where no one has them (I got them over the phone as they weren't even on the website). When I bought them I asked for any advice or info from Canyon, of which they gave me none, and you have the only post on the internet that I can find with the same TT bars, therefore I would love to hear any advice. Thanks!

dorin

by dorin

d3kalb wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:57 pm
dorin wrote:
Did you ever hear back? I have those same TT bars of which I have yet to install, and am in the US, where no one has them (I got them over the phone as they weren't even on the website). When I bought them I asked for any advice or info from Canyon, of which they gave me none, and you have the only post on the internet that I can find with the same TT bars, therefore I would love to hear any advice. Thanks!
Hi there, yes, I did get replacement for both handlebars and was advised to use a 4nm to start with, I found it sufficient. Cheers, Dorin

okimy

by okimy

Keep in mind that you can't use the H36 Garmin Mount with these TT bars. You have to find a workaround for that if you don't want to spend another 20 bucks on a Profile Design Garmin Mount.

okimy

by okimy

Nevermind, found a workaround. Just use one of these stem mounts you attach with rubber bands. Keep in mind that you still have to take off the other mount to have enough space for your TT bars.

d3kalb

by d3kalb

okimy wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:42 pm
Nevermind, found a workaround. Just use one of these stem mounts you attach with rubber bands. Keep in mind that you still have to take off the other mount to have enough space for your TT bars.
Could you show me a picture of what you mean? Going to finally install my TT bars after months in the closet, and will want to try and get my garmin mount also attached. Thanks!

d3kalb

by d3kalb

dorin wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:20 am
d3kalb wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:57 pm
dorin wrote:
Hi there, yes, I did get replacement for both handlebars and was advised to use a 4nm to start with, I found it sufficient. Cheers, Dorin

Thanks! Good to hear they replaced yours, and I will tighten mine to 4nm.

okimy

by okimy

d3kalb wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:52 pm
okimy wrote:
Could you show me a picture of what you mean? Going to finally install my TT bars after months in the closet, and will want to try and get my garmin mount also attached. Thanks!
This is what I'm talking about https://buy.garmin.com/de-DE/DE/p/65215#overview .
Attachments
IMG_0356.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

d3kalb

by d3kalb

okimy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:14 pm
d3kalb wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:52 pm
okimy wrote:
This is what I'm talking about https://buy.garmin.com/de-DE/DE/p/65215#overview .

Ahh, thanks! I might try to make something up for my elemnt bolt instead of buying that. Having FINALLY installed these, I feel OK about that. Sadly after finally getting them on my right side is a little higher up than the left, so I'll have to figure that out. Performance wise, how do you like them for long rides? Do you make any saddle adjustments? Also, would you mind posting a picture from the underside of the bars, just so I can compare to where mine are and how it looks?
Thanks!