New Giro Vanquish MIPS helmet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jorryt

by jorryt

53x12 wrote:
jorryt wrote:The price....

It is a bit pricey for a helmet, but the Specialized Evade is $225 MSRP. I think once this hits the street at $275 MSRP, you will see sales that will get it lower after the initial release. Performance Bike seems to have some sale or event every month. Also have to remember you are getting a Zeiss lens with the helmet which is around a $50 value. Whether or not you want it or will use it is immaterial to the fact that it still comes with the helmet. So the price isn't too out of line to its competitors.

Yeah but you also see that aerohelmets are becoming cheaper and this will never sell below 225. And the lens is nice (I have Zeiss glasses in my normal glasses, great quality) but you rarely see someone wearing them on the road. On track they are widely used.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

jorryt wrote:Yeah but you also see that aerohelmets are becoming cheaper and this will never sell below 225. And the lens is nice (I have Zeiss glasses in my normal glasses, great quality) but you rarely see someone wearing them on the road. On track they are widely used.

Again, once the initial demand drops off these will sell for less than MSRP. The Giro Aerohead is a MSRP of $250. I got mine new for $175 when I got it. Competitive Cyclist has them for $187 (25% off) right now. I really like the the Zeiss lens shield on my Aerohead. I think it would be great on a road helmet with the increase field of view and increased protection from debris compared to standard sunglasses. Looks sharp too with the integration.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

goodboyr

by goodboyr

53x12 wrote:
jorryt wrote:Yeah but you also see that aerohelmets are becoming cheaper and this will never sell below 225. And the lens is nice (I have Zeiss glasses in my normal glasses, great quality) but you rarely see someone wearing them on the road. On track they are widely used.

Again, once the initial demand drops off these will sell for less than MSRP. The Giro Aerohead is a MSRP of $250. I got mine new for $175 when I got it. Competitive Cyclist has them for $187 (25% off) right now. I really like the the Zeiss lens shield on my Aerohead. I think it would be great on a road helmet with the increase field of view and increased protection from debris compared to standard sunglasses. Looks sharp too with the integration.
My assos Zeghos with Zeiss lenses were great too...until I needed prescription lenses that is....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

53x12

by 53x12

http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/men/ ... #gid=32003

Giro has the pricing for $250. The Matte Dazzle looks great.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

inchul

by inchul

tt helmets are pretty
To ride a normal load
I am conscious of the person's gaze without knowing why.

It looks like it should run very fast.

It's too modern

53x12

by 53x12

inchul wrote:It's too modern

Here you go then:

rossjm11

by rossjm11

53x12 wrote:Image
http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/men/ ... #gid=32003

Giro has the pricing for $250. The Matte Dazzle looks great.

That is the color scheme I plan on buying. I am just hoping the sizing is the exact same!
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team