Want new disc aero <15lbs road bike... confused

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chpfly

by chpfly

What about the new Cervelo R3 Disk? Not full aero, but should be light.

TonyM

by TonyM

Even the Canyon Aeroad CF SLX DISC 9.0 LTD is 16 lbs (7.3kg)

https://www.canyon.com/en/road/aeroad/a ... 0-ltd.html

Going light and still staying aero will be difficult I think at the moment.
I suppose in 1-2 years that will be possible as many manufacturers are going discs now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:Whats the lightest ViAS disc gettong about? A 58 is meant to be 7.4 stock... Its damn tempting with a second set of light shallow tubs..

7.4kg stock is a marketing pipedream. The various Venge ViAS Discs that have been raced in the World Tour have been 7.9-8.1kg with pedals and tubs.
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/specialized-venge-vias-expert-disc-ultegra-review-aero-disc-and-all-business/

Under 7.5 with mechanical and alloy clinchers.
Using Tapatalk

djel

by djel

The S3d was mentioned but not in the etap configuration.

Full Sram etap groupset and ENVE SES 5.6 wheelset

I don't have a lot of information on the bike though...at $6,795 US (msrp $8,665) it's very decent imo.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nefarious86 wrote:https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/specialized-venge-vias-expert-disc-ultegra-review-aero-disc-and-all-business/

From the article:

"Total weight was 7.74kg (17.06lb), without pedals or accessories."

Now add some light pedals like KeO Blade 2s with Ti spindles and it's 7.93kg for a bike sized to fit James Huang...a 52cm.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/specialized-venge-vias-expert-disc-ultegra-review-aero-disc-and-all-business/

From the article:

"Total weight was 7.74kg (17.06lb), without pedals or accessories."

Now add some light pedals like KeO Blade 2s with Ti spindles and it's 7.93kg for a bike sized to fit James Huang...a 52cm.

-300g odd grams for a set of CLX32 wheels and then the weight difference between Etap and Sworks carbon crank and Ultegra mechanical disc, no featherweight but it's not horrendous as an aero disc package.

Lighter thru axles, carbon saddle, carbon bar, swapping out bolts etc will see it remain respectable as a reliable open road race package for the type of riding I do. At 80kg on a good day and using the fact I do ok with TT style efforts 500g off my arse will make up for the 500g bike penalty.
Using Tapatalk

L3X

by L3X

Bit of a nitpick, but that bike already has S-Works Aerofly carbon bars. Also the stem used on this bike is a lot lighter than the one on the S-Works ViAS.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

unlucky wrote:I'm so confused. I'm looking to get a new bike after a car accident. $5-10k is fine. But, what in the world to get? I like the new Specialized tarmac coming out. Anything contending with it? Disc is giving me headaches.

Here is another aero disc road bike. Not sure what the weight is of the IO with SRAM Red eTap + Zipps or the Di2 with ENVE.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=147863

Renne

by Renne

What about the Wilier Cento10Air Disc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEGlhm-dsQ

TonyM

by TonyM

Renne wrote:What about the Wilier Cento10Air Disc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEGlhm-dsQ

I hope that Willier Cento10Air Disc will really be like this w/o any visible cables! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

In the summer Willier showed a version of the Cento10Air disc with the front brake cable integrated but the rear brake cable was still visible :(

Weight was claimed to be under 1000g (990g).

wingguy

by wingguy

L3X wrote:And I just reconfirmed I'm way too OCD as I noticed the Continental logos are misaligned between the two tires :smartass:

Gotta be some kind of wierd photoshoppery/composite image done on the back wheel. Would be very odd for Conti to *f##k* up the logo position that badly!

themidge

by themidge

Re: Willier Cento10Air Disc, that's one of the first disc/integrated/aero bikes i've seen that looks really good. Don't think much of the paint but the lines just seem to flow nicely :thumbup:. Looks quite a bit like the new bmc slr01 though :hmm:

TonyM

by TonyM

themidge wrote:Re: Willier Cento10Air Disc, that's one of the first disc/integrated/aero bikes i've seen that looks really good. Don't think much of the paint but the lines just seem to flow nicely . Looks quite a bit like the new bmc slr01 though :hmm:

I am just about to order a BMC Teammachine SLR01 disc but the Willier Cento10Air Disc looks much more aero than the BMC actually (as the BMC hat a big down tube and a "regular" head tube).

However how much aero advantage would have the Wilier Cento10 Air Disc when you pair a BMC with 60mm wheels and a clean cockpit like an aero handlebar and no cable at all? probably not that much...(see my other thread about drag savings and power).

So I think I will stick with an order of a BMC Teammachine SLR01 disc.

themidge

by themidge

TonyM wrote:So I think I will stick with an order of a BMC Teammachine SLR01 disc.

Good plan :thumbup: imo BMCs are some of the best looking bikes around, I've got my eyes on this

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

themidge wrote:
TonyM wrote:So I think I will stick with an order of a BMC Teammachine SLR01 disc.

Good plan :thumbup: imo BMCs are some of the best looking bikes around, I've got my eyes on this

I was just looking again at the Trek Émonda SLR disc which is quite light and has a nice red color but all these cables around the cockpit really annoy me. Even the cable for the front brake is not integrated in the fork. I suppose they really made everything they could to have the lowest weight of their disc frame but that is too much for me.

I received also some more information concerning the Wilier Cento10 Air Disc. It should be available in 4 weeks approximately.
The cost for the frame is (here in Canada) more or less the same than for a BMC Teamxmachine disc but you have to pay an extra US$620 for the color "Cromovelato Azzuro". The Alabarda stem/ handlebar combo is only available in 6 combos (stem length/ handlebar width). No long and narrow combo like 110nnx40cm. It should be possible however to use the new Wilier Barra handle bar and Stemma stems that hides all cables and housing I was told.