Looking for Lake CX237, CX332, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rone69

by Rone69

silvalis wrote:I strongly suggest you try a Bont on before you buy it, unless you don't care how much you lose reselling it.

Lake's restocking fee amount to 15% of the value.
But I don't know how amount the Bont's restocking fee in Europe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kiekeboeboe

by kiekeboeboe

I have also a pair of Lake CX237's.
The heelpads are not riveted.
Looks like the new 237's have other heelpads that are replacable.
Last edited by kiekeboeboe on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiekeboeboe

by kiekeboeboe

New heelpad:
Heelpad attached with screw:

By the way, I BoB'ed my 237's :D

Spare Parts Lake:

gtinut

by gtinut

I have wide feet too and 237 works fine for me. Initially little tight but they break in. Different foot bed helps too either semi custom Lake or other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jlok

by jlok

@Rone69

FYI I have a similar dimensions as your foot do, 278 x 115 according to your method of measurement.

Bont Riot+ 44.5 Asian Fit (wider toe width and lower toe volume) almost fit me perfectly but still not wide enough at the little toe area. Crashed it a couple of days ago.

Shimano RC7 Wide 44 fits almost ok but got hot spot / sore at the bottom of the toe box area (which could suggest not wide enough?). Toe overlapping and it's going to break by the tire.

Considering CX301 wide but according to comments here I think I need extra wide...

Any other wide shoes suggestion??
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Rudi

by Rudi

Rone69 wrote:
silvalis wrote:I strongly suggest you try a Bont on before you buy it, unless you don't care how much you lose reselling it.

Lake's restocking fee amount to 15% of the value.
But I don't know how amount the Bont's restocking fee in Europe

I think my Bont's are the 44 so I will try and measure when I get home to them.

I seem to remember buying from Wiggle, tried them on and they were too small. Sent back and ordered the size up no issues, so is that not an option?

My wife has wide feet and she didn't like the Bont's and sent them back. She has Mavic wide fit and they seem OK. Not sure if they are still around.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

Rudi

by Rudi

Ok, mine are regular and only 90mm at widest point (insole). Not much help, sorry
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

KCookie

by KCookie

Rone69, did you manage to find a pair that fitted well. I have the wide S-Works 6 and they are to tight. I ride with the boas loosened off and I still get numbness in my right foot. I've been looking at the Bont Vaypor +, Lakes 332 and RC9 to. Would love to know the outcome.
Cheers

Rone69

by Rone69

I bought the Lake CX332 Extra Wide 44.5, unfortunately I need to replace them with the 45, this measure will be produced in the coming days, I assume I will receive new shoes within 3/4 weeks.
For what I have seen (44.5) they are very wide and the upper is very soft.

KCookie

by KCookie

Thanks for the reply.
I am leaning towards the 332s as well, and hoping my LBS will have my size in stock to try on before I buy. If not can at least get them in for me.

Rone69

by Rone69

considers that I normally wear:
- common shoes 44
- jogging shoes 44 (Asics Kayano)
- Sidi Genius Mega 44.5
- DMT R1 44

KCookie

by KCookie

kiekeboeboe wrote:New heelpad:
Heelpad attached with screw:

By the way, I BoB'ed my 237's :D

Spare Parts Lake:
I tried these on today at my LBS and the heal pad was riveted on, this put me off buying them and purchased the 332s. Wish they were screwed on as these fitted best.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BikeKingV1r

by BikeKingV1r

Why not try an SiDi Ergo mega? Better closure system, better fitting heel cup and it’s adjustable, and you already know it fits.

Rone69

by Rone69

BikeKingV1r wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 pm
Why not try an SiDi Ergo mega? Better closure system, better fitting heel cup and it’s adjustable, and you already know it fits.

I've Sidi Genius 5 Mega, enough volume on the toe box, the ventilation is decent, but closing system it's not the best, and the inner sole looks like cardboard and the upper is not very soft and aging is further hardened.
Lake CX332 are wider, softer, they have the best closure system.
I look forward to receiving the 45 Extra wide size.

PS:
Mr. Bob from Lake's EU info/web store (thank you again for the availability, professionalism and patience) informed me that all the CX402, CX332 and CX237 that are currently produced come with the IP1.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Rone69 wrote:I bought the Lake CX332 Extra Wide 44.5, unfortunately I need to replace them with the 45, this measure will be produced in the coming days, I assume I will receive new shoes within 3/4 weeks.
For what I have seen (44.5) they are very wide and the upper is very soft.
I've just been to my LBS to collect my order of wide 332s to find they still feel tight in the toe box.
Just ordered the 237s as these are wider in general and have just realized that the heal is replaceable by a screw. I do prefer the look and feel of the 332s but need comfy feet. Such a nightmare trying to find the perfect fit.
Hopefully your new shoes fit well.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk