Looking for Lake CX237, CX332, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

northwestern

by northwestern

This might sound silly, but wear cycling socks. They're a lot thinner than regular socks so there's more room inside.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

mrgray wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 am
glad to here the OP got a good shoe that fits well but like Tinea i don't think your feet are really that wide. My feet are very similar and whilst i cannot wear SIDI things aren't too bad.

anyway i wanted to put a plug in here for Suplest. I bought a pair of these (size 45) and they have so much toe box room. A very good shoe i think and highly recommended for those without narrow feet.
I have wide feet and am looking for a replacement for Vittorias that are a bit too narrow. All of this information is VERY helpful!

mrgray, in addition to having a large toe box (which other reviewers also have noted, great minds think alike!), would you also say that the Suplest shoes are relatively wide overall, that is for the widest part of the foot too? Thank you.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Vermu

by Vermu

northwestern wrote:This might sound silly, but wear cycling socks. They're a lot thinner than regular socks so there's more room inside.
And add few mm to the measurement (Lake advices 5mm).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrgray

by mrgray

@Stendahl yes i would. suplest are generally a bit on the wider side, so from heel cup to toe box. but just a smidge. not heaps.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

krazyeone

by krazyeone

I know that it is an old topic but maybe someone will help me with my shoe drama
I need an pair of shoes :)

My foot is 280-282 mm long and 100 mm wide ,and medium arch(i think)
I bought an pair of Sidi wire size 45,5 , I receive them today, in the office left foot seems very ok, right foot seems snug, almost touching front of the shoe without hurting me

I had order previous CX237 size 45,5 and again wearing on the office , i felt real good as quality(but it has old boa) I think that the size was at least half of number bigger because I had room in front of fingers and when I tried to stand on the tips I felt heel lifting
Now, question is, should I keep Sidi(maybe they will break in)
Should I order Lake CX237size 45?

Who knows how the front of the Lake CX332 comparing with Sidi Wire? They are the same in toe box or are a little bit permisible?

ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Here is my expeirence with my Lake CX 401 size comparison to the Sidi I had many years ago and from what I understand the Sidi sizing hasnt really changed all that much which is what I really about them,(consistancy). I wear size 43.5 in most cycling shoes and my Lake had much more room in the toe box than the Sidi did of the same size. I found the lake actually had a little too much room in the toe box and it was on the narrow side for me. (276mmX110) is my foot size but when I wore the Lake on the bike they were okay but when walking in them it was uncomfortable.
My Sidi Ergo had a toe box that was on the tight side and I never really got comfortable with those shoes and finally started to try other makers after three years of that crap. This all comes down to foot size and also shape which is something manufacturers dont acknowledge all that well, I mean its getting better but we are not there yet. Lastly I purchased a pair of Lake CX cross shoes in 43 wide and they are the most perfect fitting shoe of the Lake I have had. I did find that Northwave size 43 fit my feet the best and the sizing is very consistant with them.
Hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

wilwil

by wilwil

My foot dims are 275x 103 and the Lake CX 332 size 44 is the best fitting cycling shoe Ive had and Ive had loads. The Lake sizing guide seems to work.

krazyeone

by krazyeone

wilwil wrote:My foot dims are 275x 103 and the Lake CX 332 size 44 is the best fitting cycling shoe Ive had and Ive had loads. The Lake sizing guide seems to work.
Normal or wide?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Thias

by Thias

I'm also considering buying CX 237's since I don't have very wide feet but they're wide enough to feel uncomfortable in my Bontrager Velocis.
Point is that there's no way for me to try those shoes on since I live in east France where noone sells Lake shoes.
My only option is the order them online.
I'll first try a pair of Fizik's R3 Arias and if they're not wide enough, I'll end up ordering the CX237's.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Thias wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm
I'm also considering buying CX 237's since I don't have very wide feet but they're wide enough to feel uncomfortable in my Bontrager Velocis.
Point is that there's no way for me to try those shoes on since I live in east France where noone sells Lake shoes.
I'll first try a pair of Fizik's R3 Arias and if they're not wide enough, I'll end up ordering the CX237's.
You will be very happy with CX237. I have wide feet and that shoes are God sent! Go with the same sizing as the Fizik.

I was so happy with CX237, i ended up order CX218 and CX301 as well. CX218 runs a bit narrower than CX237 but still very comfortable. I will test ride the CX301 this weekend.

Thias

by Thias

asiantrick wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 pm
Thias wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm
You will be very happy with CX237. I have wide feet and that shoes are God sent! Go with the same sizing as the Fizik.

I was so happy with CX237, i ended up order CX218 and CX301 as well. CX218 runs a bit narrower than CX237 but still very comfortable. I will test ride the CX301 this weekend.
I just watched a review and it says that the downside of Lake leather shoes is that with the sweat salt, the leather becomes really hard. Has anyone experienced that ?

kafreeman

by kafreeman

kiekeboeboe wrote:]

By the way, I BoB'ed my 237's :D
How did you BoB them?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I just watched a review and it says that the downside of Lake leather shoes is that with the sweat salt, the leather becomes really hard. Has anyone experienced that ?

I have two pair of Lake and they are a few years old but have never noticed the leather getting hard.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

kafreeman

by kafreeman

bikeboy1tr wrote:I just watched a review and it says that the downside of Lake leather shoes is that with the sweat salt, the leather becomes really hard. Has anyone experienced that ?

I have two pair of Lake and they are a few years old but have never noticed the leather getting hard.
I haven't noticed either, been riding them for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Have the CX237’s no issues as yet with hardening of the leather as yet. Looking at buying the 402’s shortly, haven’t previously heard or read of any problem with leather hardening.
BB

Coffee & carbon