Looking for Lake CX237, CX332, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

krazyeone

by krazyeone

beanbiken wrote:Have the CX237’s no issues as yet with hardening of the leather as yet. Looking at buying the 402’s shortly, haven’t previously heard or read of any problem with leather hardening.
what about heel slip?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Thias

by Thias

beanbiken wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:25 am
Have the CX237’s no issues as yet with hardening of the leather as yet. Looking at buying the 402’s shortly, haven’t previously heard or read of any problem with leather hardening.
Well that's good news !
One last thing : how do they feel on hot days ? They "seem" to be very hot as they're made of real leather. If you tell me they are ventilated enough, I wouldn't have any more reason not to buy them (well except that it is kinda complicated to get some of those here in France).
Last edited by Thias on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beanbiken

by beanbiken

krazyeone wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:02 am
beanbiken wrote:Have the CX237’s no issues as yet with hardening of the leather as yet. Looking at buying the 402’s shortly, haven’t previously heard or read of any problem with leather hardening.
what about heel slip?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Some but not enough that it has ever bothered me
BB

Coffee & carbon

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Thias wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:45 am
beanbiken wrote:
Have the CX237’s no issues as yet with hardening of the leather as yet. Looking at buying the 402’s shortly, haven’t previously heard or read of any problem with leather hardening.
Well that's good news !
One last thing : how do they feel on hot days ? They "seem" to be very hot as they're made of real leather. If you tell me they are ventilated enough, I wouldn't have any more reason not to buy them (well except that it is kinda complicated to get on of those here in France).
We are ending a damn extreme summer for where I live in Oz. I don’t like to ride when it is above the mid 30’s but I do at times, while I feel f’n hot I can’t say that my feet have been anymore uncomfortable than the rest of me...... and mine are black. If I buy the 402’s they will be black also, don’t think it is an issue, may be the amount of ventilation but YMMV
BB

Coffee & carbon

Thias

by Thias

beanbiken wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Thias wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:45 am
beanbiken wrote:
Well that's good news !
One last thing : how do they feel on hot days ? They "seem" to be very hot as they're made of real leather. If you tell me they are ventilated enough, I wouldn't have any more reason not to buy them (well except that it is kinda complicated to get on of those here in France).
We are ending a damn extreme summer for where I live in Oz. I don’t like to ride when it is above the mid 30’s but I do at times, while I feel f’n hot I can’t say that my feet have been anymore uncomfortable than the rest of me...... and mine are black. If I buy the 402’s they will be black also, don’t think it is an issue, may be the amount of ventilation but YMMV
Ok thank you for the answer. I'll test the fizik next week and if they don't feel good, I'll go for the CX 237's.