Looking for Lake CX237, CX332, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
northwestern

by northwestern

This might sound silly, but wear cycling socks. They're a lot thinner than regular socks so there's more room inside.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

mrgray wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 am
glad to here the OP got a good shoe that fits well but like Tinea i don't think your feet are really that wide. My feet are very similar and whilst i cannot wear SIDI things aren't too bad.

anyway i wanted to put a plug in here for Suplest. I bought a pair of these (size 45) and they have so much toe box room. A very good shoe i think and highly recommended for those without narrow feet.
I have wide feet and am looking for a replacement for Vittorias that are a bit too narrow. All of this information is VERY helpful!

mrgray, in addition to having a large toe box (which other reviewers also have noted, great minds think alike!), would you also say that the Suplest shoes are relatively wide overall, that is for the widest part of the foot too? Thank you.
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 (6.48 kg)
LOW// mki road (7.25 kg)
Retired: Pinarello Dogma F10 (6.49 kg), Lapierre Pulsium FDJ, TIME Fluidity S, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2, R3, R5, Felt Z-25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

by Weenie

Vermu

by Vermu

northwestern wrote:This might sound silly, but wear cycling socks. They're a lot thinner than regular socks so there's more room inside.
And add few mm to the measurement (Lake advices 5mm).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrgray

by mrgray

@Stendahl yes i would. suplest are generally a bit on the wider side, so from heel cup to toe box. but just a smidge. not heaps.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D