Want manual shifting mode for new 11spd DI2 bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lotus907efi

by Lotus907efi

I am building up my Ultegra 6870 DI2 group set on a bike that used to have mechanical Dura-Ace 7900 group set. I have just got done updating the firmware for the first time and when I go into the customize settings it seems like the only choices I have for how to configure the front and rear derailleurs is either sycro-shift or semi syncro-shift. I really don't want either until I become more familiar with the group set. I have found lots of articles on how to setup syncro-shift but I have not been able to find any information on how to configure this in completely manual mode.

Can anyone here clue me in on how to do this please?

Thanks
--
Steve

havana

by havana

Press 2x shortly on the clitoris on the junction and you'll change gear mode. SS > full synchro > manual.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

havana wrote:Press 2x shortly on the clitoris on the junction and you'll change gear mode. SS > full synchro > manual.

Press 2x on the what?

/a

2old4this

by 2old4this

Officially, we've just lost our last few female members, and I think we deserve it ...

Going back to the original question; double click the only button on the Junction A. It cycles through full synchro, semi synchro, and manual.

For the last few months, I've been trying to use synchro modes, and giving up after a few minutes. I live in a hilly area, and both synchro modes get in the way. They may be good for urban riding...

Lotus907efi

by Lotus907efi

BTW, the DI2 setup I did has the EW-RS910 piece that fits in the end of the handlebar rather than the original Junction-A that is usually installed under the handlebar stem. There is still a single button on that so I will try this.

I just assumed it was something that was changed using the E-tube setup software rather than a simple button press.

Thanks for the replies.

PinaF8

by PinaF8

:D :lol: that's one hilarious use of a word for a button.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

evan326

by evan326

Post of the day!

goodboyr

by goodboyr

But now it's easy for us guys to find.....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

havana wrote:Press 2x shortly on the clitoris on the junction

:noidea: That has to be an auto-correct or possibly a really poor online language translation.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

53x12

by 53x12

havana wrote:Press 2x shortly on the clitoris on the junction and you'll change gear mode. SS > full synchro > manual.

:lol: This thread delivers.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Don't encourage him. That's like chuckling at the one creepy guy in the office so says "that's what she said" 50x a day