Cube litening C68 SLT 2016

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Anyone care to share experiences with this frame? German Tour review is very positive but i can't find much forum talk. I found the frameset at an excellent price and I'd rather not spend 1 to 2k extra just for a popular name on the downtube...

Thanks!

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Alexandrumarian wrote:Anyone care to share experiences with this frame? German Tour review is very positive but i can't find much forum talk. I found the frameset at an excellent price and I'd rather not spend 1 to 2k extra just for a popular name on the downtube...

Thanks!

I can't shed any light on the C68, however, the first road bike I bought was a Cube Peleton.
I found it to be a well specified bike for a reasonable price. Even though it was an aluminium frame with 105 it was just over 8kg, from memory.
I did thousands of km & sold it for slightly less than I paid for it new.
My only issue was the bar tape was white, was worn and looked scruffy within a couple of months...a minor niggle.
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Actually where I live Cube might be the most common brand, if not on road definitely off it. But it is usually the entry or mid models. I hopped over a few mtbs and were all nice for the money, never seen any of the top race frames though. When they have real money people usually go all the way and try to get a Specialized, Colnago etc etc. When i got my first road 3 years ago I picked the one that screamed best bang for the buck: aluminium Canyon, and I am still very happy for it. But now I am itching to get a super nice carbon frame. Probably 100% irrational, a light frame will not help me at all (I'm over 90k) and might also be too flexible. So at least I am looking at those that are stiff within their bracket. Best bang for price seem to be the Giant TCR SL and the Canyon SLX, but the SLX is out of stock, and I don't really like the paint scheme on the Giant. The Cube at sales is a lot cheaper.

kgt

by kgt

Cube is very popular is some markets. Very good frames considering their price and the fact they use to sponsor pro teams from time to time.
It's like Focus or Fuji. Their only disadvantage in comparison to Specialized, Trek or Canyon is their non existent marketing.

cleverleaf

by cleverleaf

Actually,I am a sponsored rider by CUBE CHINA in 2015 and 2016.They gave me a Cube litening C68 frame to race for two years.The frame has high stiffness.I once borrowed my friend's Giant tcr adv sl(which also is the highest level of giant bikes) and compared with it,Cube seems stronger than the tcr. If you watch carefully,you'll notice that the Cube's crank height is lower than most of other frames. One friend of mine said it's geometry is similar to Specialized tarmac 4...

err,Actually,the WKO tells me that I am a sprinter,however,the C68 is a frame for climers.I can feel the stiffness when I climbing those mountains in the races.And also I can tell its aerodynamics is really bad...

My sponsor changes to a Chinese local brand this year,I have to say I really miss the Cube C68...
BTW,a brand new C68 SL 2015 frame is worth about 12000RMB here.You can calculate the exchange rate youself...