Praxis Zayante Crankset - BB compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

So, the new Praxis Zayante M30 crankset is intriguing. From the marketing description there is a step-down in the BB from 30mm to 28mm on the non-drive side, which implies that perhaps only a Praxis BB will be compatible. Can anyone advise if there are other M30 BBs that would work with the Zayante?

moyboy

by moyboy

yes it does step down. A lot of the Tarmacs had them and limited the owner to only Praxis cranks. Yet another standard.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Stolichnaya wrote:Can anyone advise if there are other M30 BBs that would work with the Zayante?

M30 is a Turn/Praxis only thing - nobody else produces or uses this 'standard'.

Turn is what the cranks were branded before Praxis decided to bring them under their own name. Same company, though.

moyboy wrote:A lot of the Tarmacs had them and limited the owner to only Praxis cranks. Yet another standard.

Nothing a change of BB won't sort - the frame isn't tied to running Praxis for the rest of its life.

Squint

by Squint

I've had chain suck and various shifting problems with mine so I'm going back to Shimano.

Attermann

by Attermann

No problems whatsoever with the chainset on shimano and a bb86 frame, I believe the bearings are made by enduro