Sram Etap

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jowwy

by Jowwy

I currently have sram etap set-up on my road bike in the current configuration

46/34 sram red crankset
11/40 sunrace cassette
wolftooth roadlink

i'm wondering if anybody else has sram etap on their bikes using anything other than sram red cranks. i'm looking at praxis or the new SLK touring crank in 46/30 configurations, which means i can remove the wollftooth roadlink and fit a much lighter 32t casssette

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raven14

by raven14

I have used Rotor Inpower 3D+ crankset and Praxis chainrings with Etap, works a charm. I swapped to Red Quarq D-Zero though, as I wanted total power to be measured and not just one sided. It looks better too :), but quality of shifting is the same and I can't notice any difference in drivetrain noises.

I also use DA9000 cassettes with Etap, no problem whatsoever.

Jowwy

by Jowwy

raven14 wrote:I have used Rotor Inpower 3D+ crankset and Praxis chainrings with Etap, works a charm. I swapped to Red Quarq D-Zero though, as I wanted total power to be measured and not just one sided. It looks better too :), but quality of shifting is the same and I can't notice any difference in drivetrain noises.

I also use DA9000 cassettes with Etap, no problem whatsoever.

cheers raven for the quick response - guess i'm off to order some praxis cranks and the m30 BB and tool then

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I'm using clavicula cranks with praxis buzz rings and shifting has been perfect with 52/36 and 50/34 rings.
Speedplay is the devil!

jih

by jih

Using rotor and praxis. Front shifting is quite fussy to set up to be honest but works.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Going from 34t to 30t chainring won't keep you the 40t gear ratio on a 32t cassette. You are still missing around 10% so closer to getting a 36t by comparison.

I am also very interested in those adventure cranks. Specifically the 48/32 and then swapping the 32t ring for a 30t. Perfect.

/a

Jowwy

by Jowwy

alcatraz wrote:Going from 34t to 30t chainring won't keep you the 40t gear ratio on a 32t cassette. You are still missing around 10% so closer to getting a 36t by comparison.

I am also very interested in those adventure cranks. Specifically the 48/32 and then swapping the 32t ring for a 30t. Perfect.

/a

I only needed the 40t rear in the alps - there's no climb I can't do here in South Wales on the 32/32.

I've done them all in a 34/32 but just want a little less stress on the legs

alcatraz

by alcatraz

One thing is "can" do and another to keep good cadence doing it. I think we can almost all agree we lower our cadence when climbing.

I might be wrong though..

/a

Jowwy

by Jowwy

alcatraz wrote:One thing is "can" do and another to keep good cadence doing it. I think we can almost all agree we lower our cadence when climbing.

I might be wrong though..

/a

with the size on the b screw on the etap i could still fit a 36t sunrace cassette, which would still mean not needing the wolftooth and dropping weight over the 40t

therefore giving me 32/36.....but i'm pretty sure it wont be needed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com