Campagnolo V3 EPS firmware download error code

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

flying

by flying

jimmyduc wrote:Setting up new Campy V3 EPS SR, everything is fine except one of the firmware downloads (for the power unit) wont complete. I keep getting an error code. It shows updated firmware available for download, but wont let me complete it.

Ive reset Campy EPS with magnet. Re-paired bluetooth, re-installed mycampy app, made sure iphone6 software uptodate. Any ideas?

Not to poke fun at you but this underlined section........ :D
I feel like I have lived too long or something to see such posts as this.

To deal with shifting a bicycle :lol: :lol:

Then post by jjde who quotes Camy Service as saying
"R&D is currently striving to sort out this problem, peculiarly suffered on certain android mobiles.
Have you switched off and on the system after having updated the other two firmwares?"

Good night.....I mean yes I am old I guess having ridden for 30 years but I am also tech savy having in my life been a Systems administrator of
a Unix system... but who would have ever thought this would be a tech discussion to get a bicycle shifting :D :D

Good Luck :thumbup:

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Fortunatley my shop android works with eps 3. I dont thinks tgis can all be put down to campagnolo. There are far foo many update to phone software and too many versions of andriod making this a nightmare. I had to sell my wahoo because even though the app installed on my phone it would not connect to the wahoo. The app would not even install on my tablet.

Also the eps can be used without the app.

Why does anyone need to control there garmin with the mode button. I know it it is one of the functions. All i want my eps to do is change gear. It does that so i am happy.

Personally i think campagnolo and shimano are trying to build in too many functions. There are just too many things i can set with eps and di2 for that matter. All it needs to do is change gear. This is all consumor driven. If we did not want bikes where we need our phone to get it to work then there would be no problem. You can blame campagnolo but really it is our fault for wanting this kind of tech that we dont need in the first place.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Digger90

by Digger90

And there I was, about to take the plunge on electronic (most likely eTap as I just think wireless is the way forward) and then threads like this conjure up nightmare scenarios of electrickery not working.

Doesn't fill me with confidence as a potential first-time electronic buyer.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

bm0p700f wrote:Personally i think campagnolo and shimano are trying to build in too many functions. There are just too many things i can set with eps and di2 for that matter. All it needs to do is change gear.

Couldn't agree more; and this is exactly why eTap is as good as it is - one button each side, no app. It just changes gears. Simple.

tikka

by tikka

RichTheRoadie wrote:
bm0p700f wrote:Personally i think campagnolo and shimano are trying to build in too many functions. There are just too many things i can set with eps and di2 for that matter. All it needs to do is change gear.

Couldn't agree more; and this is exactly why eTap is as good as it is - one button each side, no app. It just changes gears. Simple.
You don't need the app at all... EPS works fine (ie shifts gears as.advertised) out of the box without a phone / app ever having been connected.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

True, but there's still 3 buttons on each side.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

RichTheRoadie wrote:True, but there's still 3 buttons on each side.

you can all but ignore the 3rd button if all you want to do is ride. the other 2 are standard shift buttons.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Yes, I get it. I currently have EPS on my bike after all.

It's the principle, though; and there's no changing the fact that the cleanest and simplest way to shift electronically is eTap - especially when you factor in the wires too.

jjde34

by jjde34

Hello,

The problem is solved for me since MyCampy update 1.6.6 received on Saturday 23/09 (Android Galaxy S8)

Be carreful campy has delivered two consecutive updates, 1.6.5 has created an additional bug ....

Jean Jacques