Pinarello F10, F8, or Bianchi Oltre XR4? (edit: + Canyon Ultimate CF CLX Disc)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shortsocks

by Shortsocks

matrix wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:21 am
"F8 if you want to save money and get a stiff race winning machine"

"F10 if you have too much money to spare (+looks) for the same performance"

Is what I keep getting told.
That's a really good way of explaining it. I rode both of them, and couldn't feel a difference. Honestly it came down to the color. They both rode exceptionally well. I went with the F8, and put the money into a new Cockpit/Wheelset/Saddle/
One thing though this bike can't fit anything larger than a 25 or 26mm. That may be a big issue for some people.

This F8 is actually much more comfortable than I thought, stiff yet easy. I don't see the point on spending that really big diff unless you want the latest and greatest of just have a ton of cash to burn. For me anyway, that's the way I saw it.

Here's the end product. (EE brakes are the last thing, and I'm not into the Di2 shifting)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Shortsocks wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:42 pm
matrix wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:21 am
"F8 if you want to save money and get a stiff race winning machine"

"F10 if you have too much money to spare (+looks) for the same performance"

Is what I keep getting told.
That's a really good way of explaining it. I rode both of them, and couldn't feel a difference. Honestly it came down to the color. They both rode exceptionally well. I went with the F8, and put the money into a new Cockpit/Wheelset/Saddle/
One thing though this bike can't fit anything larger than a 25 or 26mm. That may be a big issue for some people.

This F8 is actually much more comfortable than I thought, stiff yet easy. I don't see the point on spending that really big diff unless you want the latest and greatest of just have a ton of cash to burn. For me anyway, that's the way I saw it.

Here's the end product. (EE brakes are the last thing, and I'm not into the Di2 shifting)

Nice picture(black goes with everything).
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)