Pinarello F10, F8, or Bianchi Oltre XR4? (edit: + Canyon Ultimate CF CLX Disc)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mile2424

by mile2424

matrix wrote:
mile2424 wrote:Curious if you had the rear dropout replaced? Did this failure happen after that?

Yeah I had the rear dropouts replaced last October. The Vias still developed a hairline crack after a year of intense training and racing. It sucks because I don't have a warranty on it. I assume it has to do with the positioning of the rim brakes and force on the frame.

I'll be sure to make a more detailed post when I'm not lazy about it within the upcoming days. Keep an eye out.

No warranty? Isn't that covered through Specialized?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Ignore option is great when it comes to dealing with trolls.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

nofuturekid

by nofuturekid

I'm dealing with a more or less similar dilemma, although I'm considering a F10, Factor One, Trek Madone and Cervelo S5.

The S5 is actually strangely enough the least likely contender. I have a R3 and love it, the S5 just seems... old. Too many evolutions without really renewing. Again, don't get me wrong: as brand I like Cervelo but it seems they've stopped innovating the S5 last years.

The Trek is a difficult one: I have zero positive emotion with the brand (reminds me of Lance), but it seems well designed and build. Very aero yet comfortable. Hard to travel with but that I can overcome. Price for what I want (9.9 H1 geometry, non-Bontrager wheels, custom paint, etc) will cost a fortune

Factor: cool corporate story, lifetime warranty, good dealer nearby, the One being a very interesting design which is FAST yet comfortable. Comes with integrated stem / handlebar that can't deal with my Wahoo Bolt (I've made the switch and don't want to go back to Garmin) which sucks. They keep telling me I should also get their own make wheels (Black Inc) which have fully ceramic bearings but seem unproven. Still cheaper than a F10 (in Singapore) and way more exclusive.

Brings me to the kicker: the F10 is the cheapest of all the bikes mentioned in the post if I import it from my home country. Comes with full Di2 Dura Ace for €7k. Wheels are okay but would need reconsideration.

First world problem but I've changed my mind already 10 if not 15 times...

MRM

by MRM

If the F10 is the cheapest solution for you, it's no contest. I test rode one a few weeks ago and it's a great bike. It does everything well and really has no weakness when it comes to actually riding it. The nits to pick are rather the price, the warranty length or it being manufactured in Taiwan (some prefer made in the USA or Italy or whatever). None of those have anything to do with your enjoyment while riding the bike.

Get the F10, move on and be happy.

LionelB

by LionelB

MRM wrote:If the F10 is the cheapest solution for you, it's no contest. I test rode one a few weeks ago and it's a great bike. It does everything well and really has no weakness when it comes to actually riding it. The nits to pick are rather the price, the warranty length or it being manufactured in Taiwan (some prefer made in the USA or Italy or whatever). None of those have anything to do with your enjoyment while riding the bike.

This.

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

LionelB wrote:
MRM wrote:If the F10 is the cheapest solution for you, it's no contest. I test rode one a few weeks ago and it's a great bike. It does everything well and really has no weakness when it comes to actually riding it. The nits to pick are rather the price, the warranty length or it being manufactured in Taiwan (some prefer made in the USA or Italy or whatever). None of those have anything to do with your enjoyment while riding the bike.

This.

I did this, after test riding an F10 for several months. Cannot be more thrilled with my purchase!

deano87

by deano87

The key factor would be your budget.
You'll prob score a great deal on an F8 now. (I couldn't recommend the F8 enough.)

If you're not worried about budget, you'd prob choose F10 or XR4.

Then again, the F10 and F8 are so similar, it might be worth waiting for the next model?

I'd say most would choose the Bianchi if they were a die hard Bianchi fan, the fact your even asking the question means you're not die hard Bianchi.

Tough decision, but I'd lean towards the Pina, then key factor being your budget.
The Journey is more important than the Destination!

Shortsocks

by Shortsocks

This is a fantastic thread.
I actually scooped up a F8 because of this thread. It was a slam dunk Decision to get a Demo which some shops were dropping their pants on...if they had any in stock that is.
Thanks for posting this. Got my dream bike, even more so after I got to ride one, for a Very small fraction of the price the F10 or hell...even an F8 when they first came out.

I'm a happy camper.

matrix

by matrix

Shortsocks wrote: This is a fantastic thread.
I actually scooped up a F8 because of this thread. It was a slam dunk Decision to get a Demo which some shops were dropping their pants on...if they had any in stock that is.
Thanks for posting this. Got my dream bike, even more so after I got to ride one, for a Very small fraction of the price the F10 or hell...even an F8 when they first came out.

I'm a happy camper.
Glad you have found this thread. Months later and I'm still stuck in the same dilemma. I've been riding my Sworks Venge Vias Rim Ed. for 2 years now after getting it carbon repaired. I think it's about time to move on and experiment with new toys before its value goes down any further.

A lot of people seem to be leaning towards the Pinarello F8/F10 on here. From feel, it's weighty-ness is about the same if not a bit lighter than my current Venge Vias. My bike shop tells me either the F8 or the XR4 can be sold at a very good price.

The scales are slowly tipping over to the Bianchi as my next aero machine... If I can muster up the courage to make a profit on my current Venge...Don't see a lot of XR4s on the cycling savy Bay Area roads I ride.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I test rode the F8, F10, Madone 9, and purchased the XR4. I could have easily gone with either of the Pinarello's as both were excellent bikes and aesthetically pleasing. The Oltre was equally excellent but with aesthetics that connected with me like no other bike. I dread the day that I will crash my Oltre :(
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

tabl10s

by tabl10s

PinaF8 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:07 pm
stockae92 wrote:wondering whats the max tire width for F8? What about F10?

Thanks.
cunn1n9 wrote:Just went thru this and considered these 3 plus a few others.

Got an f8 demo model with a full warranty. Was half the price of an f10. Only real advantage of f10 is more room for wider tyres (if you want to run them).

Bianchi XR4 is nice but almost as expensive as f10. However f8, f10 has a proper BB (threads). Plus from Tour Magazine data we know that F8 is as aero as S5 plus has great ride quality.

F10 at double price is hard to justify and XR4 is too.

Love the F8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F8 25mm but you are pushing the limit with some tire brands.
F10 28mm
Does this mean you can't use Roval wheels with 26mm Turbos?
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

TonyM

by TonyM

The Specialized Roval are better on a Tarmac/ Venge than on a Pinarello F10....I would personnally choose the Dura Ace 9100/9170 C40/ C60 or the DT Swiss ARC 48 or 62.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

TonyM wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:27 am
The Specialized Roval are better on a Tarmac/ Venge than on a Pinarello F10....I would personnally choose the Dura Ace 9100/9170 C40/ C60 or the DT Swiss ARC 48 or 62.
What's wrong with Roval's and Pinarello?
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

TonyM

by TonyM

IMHO a nice Pinarello F8 or F10 deserves better than OEM wheels....

OEM wheels are better on their respectives manufacturer’s bike i.e. Bontrager/ Trek, Roval/ Spesh or Giant/ Giant.

matrix

by matrix

Noctiluxx wrote: I test rode the F8, F10, Madone 9, and purchased the XR4. I could have easily gone with either of the Pinarello's as both were excellent bikes and aesthetically pleasing. The Oltre was equally excellent but with aesthetics that connected with me like no other bike. I dread the day that I will crash my Oltre :(
Sounds good. I saw a white F10 ridden next to me for the first time in a group ride. Looks hot! Still ways to go with deciding. Gotta sell off my current aero machine first. *Aero* and less weight is what I'm looking for in the next build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com