Vredestein Senso Superiore 320tpi (Update with photos compared to Veloflex)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nemomaya

by nemomaya

hello, I have a Colnago C60 mounted with Vittoria Corsa g + 700x23, I would like to mount some Vredestein Fortezza Senso superior but I can not find information, how are you going to those who have it? Thank you

Hex

by Hex

Follwing this thread, I have tried the Vredestein's Superiore and I have experience with the Master 25s.

I've been running Schwalbe Pro Ones for a couple of thousand Km and I can confidently say the following:

The Vredesteins are nothing special. They feel slower than my Schwalbe Pro Ones but a lot softer on the road. Vred absorbs the small and med irregularities of city roads a lot better than Schwalbe. Grip is poorer than SPO. I fell taking a turn on a semi smooth/tile surface in my usual method and my usual way. The SPO have great cornering grip. The Vreds don't.

The Master 25 are a lot smoother, even if they size small (as shown in the photos and the data here) at the same pressure as the Vreds. From memory, the cornering is good but I don't know if its SPO good.

For my money, I'd run Veloflex and Vred latex and not the Vred duo.

The host site has the Corsa 25 and 28 in stock as well as the Masters in 25 in stock.

I'd go that way and get some latex inner tubes.

I'll save the Pro Ones for touring because of the self repairability that tubeless and orange seal bring to the table.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

IRC tyres are not tall either. The 28mm tubeless tyres are also 24mm tall.

One fall in the Verdesteins might be be the tyre. If a tyre shows poor grip it will consistently show more run out in a range of corners. You have not mentioned that. They may not be anything special though. Tubed tyres still find it hard yo match the vittiria pave for grip.

Marin

by Marin

The Vredestein tested slower than Turbo Cottons and Pro Ones, but they are probably on par with Veloflexes.

I'm running Pro Ones tubeless now as well and I'm impressed by their ride. Not fully "cotton smooth", but worlds better than the other popular German tire. And they're *very fast*, they are as good as Turbo Cottons in my own test.

Hex

by Hex

bm0p700f wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:19 pm
IRC tyres are not tall either. The 28mm tubeless tyres are also 24mm tall.

One fall in the Verdesteins might be be the tyre. If a tyre shows poor grip it will consistently show more run out in a range of corners. You have not mentioned that. They may not be anything special though. Tubed tyres still find it hard yo match the vittiria pave for grip.

Why do you mention height? (IRC being 24mm in height)

Grip feels nothing special on the Vredesteins. I mentioned cornerning because that's where I felt the lack of grip the most.

Hex

by Hex

Marin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:35 pm
The Vredestein tested slower than Turbo Cottons and Pro Ones, but they are probably on par with Veloflexes.

I'm running Pro Ones tubeless now as well and I'm impressed by their ride. Not fully "cotton smooth", but worlds better than the other popular German tire. And they're *very fast*, they are as good as Turbo Cottons in my own test.
Who tested the Vredesteins? You mean bicyclerollingresistance site? If that's the test you mea, I saw that, but for what its worth, i thought the cotton casing would help the Vredesteins a bit compares to their test of the more standard tire. I think i Remember seeing the Veloflex corsa (master with black wall) tested there, but in my interpretación of results: 8-10w loss in rolling resistance must also be somewhat compensated by ride comfort. If i have to run my Pro Ones at a power pressure (therefore more RS) to feel comfy, i think the Veloflexes can do as well as the Pro Ones in the rolling resistance test, no?

Marin

by Marin

German magazine Roadbike did a test, Turbo Cotton 14.8 W, Vredestein Fortezza Superiore 15.6 W. Still a good result.

I think the Pro Ones would be a bit faster than the Veloflexes at any reasonable pressure.

torob

by torob

Marin wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:03 pm
German magazine Roadbike did a test, Turbo Cotton 14.8 W, Vredestein Fortezza Superiore 15.6 W. Still a good result.

I think the Pro Ones would be a bit faster than the Veloflexes at any reasonable pressure.
Any chance you have further info e.g., tire pressure, size (23mm/25 or 26mm)? I'm still interested (don't know why) in the Vredesteins.
Using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

They tested the 25mm. No further info on test setup unfortunately.