Power meter lifespan

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Squint

by Squint

I bought a new SRM amateur and PC4 in 1998. I traded it in for an Octalink SRM Pro and PC5 in 2002 or so. Then I bought a wired 7800 SRM in 2004 or 2005. I've always done calibrations and battery changes myself so they were never sent back for anything.

Started using a Verve Infocrank last year. I have a R9100-P sitting on the shelf waiting to replace it once I have time. The R9100-P has a nice finish and I'm a heel-rubber so I need to take the time to apply paint protection film to it. And also to swap out the BB...

dgasmd

by dgasmd

otoman wrote:wow that is some serious loyalty to that POS PT PM. It's like a 100 year old axe that has had 5 new handles and 3 new heads haha....
To the credit of Saris, they’ve covered the cost of replacements and repairs free of charge well after the warranty have expired over all these years, with the exception of the last time when I paid at cost for the electronics and they put new axles and everything else free of charge.

They have never been well known for water resistance, and unfortunately, I live in S FL where it rains several times a day almost all year round. Most times without warning!!

I stopped using it as a true PM after 1-2 years of purchase since I don’t train to race. It has been a heavy hub since!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com